Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Justice Society of America: the best LEGION of SUPER-HEROES book? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Justice Society of America: the best LEGION of SUPER-HEROES book?
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
There's line in GDS, I believe (I know it's somewhere in Levitz), where they believe that Mordru has escaped, and someone says something to the effect that they hoped they could find a more effective way to confront him this time, and someone replies something to effect of "As opposed to just running from him?"

To me, that line pretty much sums up Mordru. Note that in his first (depicted) appearance, the Legionnaires are able to deceive and hide from him, but he actually ends up defeating himself. In trying to destroy the Legionnaires, he buries himself in a cave in. He's the typical uber-powerful villain that the Legionnaires can only defeat through tricks or a desperate move. And yeah, it's ultimately his own arrogance that is his only real weakness.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I think Eryk summed up Mordru pretty well there. I've always seen him as one of the 'big bads' of the entire DCU, let alone the Legion's villains.

His initial appearance in JSA was a treat but for the most part, I think all his subsequent JSA appearances have been rather weak. I'd prefer he didn't return to that title again.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm surprised they haven't put him on jet skis yet.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.