Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Jim Lee #1 Variant. For real. (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Jim Lee #1 Variant. For real.
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
If my shop sells this for close to normal price I may pick it up. Most of the variants of this number are 4.99 each.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I do like it better than the other cover...

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
OMG! When I wrote in the other thread that the only reason Saturn Girl hadn't appeared on any Legion covers yet was because she was going to hog all the variants for herself it was meant to be a JOKE!

Gah! What a disappointment. I hate the regular cover so much I was hoping for a fantastic Jim Lee variant to get instead. And, while it is a nice picture of Imra, the cover of a Legion #1 should have more than one member (or one unidentifiable hand) on it.

I also didn't realise Jim Lee was going to be doing a series of one-character variants. While that will hopefully bring in more sales, my OCD-ness means if I get the Imra cover I will have to keep getting the character covers so as not to break the set. But what if I like some later regular covers more? Dilemma!

ugh. This is not the Legion news I was hoping to start the day with. [Frown]

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Triplicate Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Triplicate Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I sort of like the cruiser. I wonder, though, about the style of sci-fi design that cuts out hull sections to expose machinery. There's something to be said for simplicity.

Imra's costume has become more purple than pink. I actually like that.

--------------------
Tom Strong, on nostalgia: "I suppose it's a ready substitute for genuine feeling."
- Tom Strong #6, Alan Moore

From: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Love the cruiser, although it's way, way, way more detailed than any artist would want to draw inside the issues themselves! (And looks a wee bit Star Trek-ish, in the shape.)

What? Oh, thumbs up for classic Imra. I'm long over my love affair with the Farrah look, but it's fun from a nostalgic PoV.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
(And looks a wee bit Star Trek-ish, in the shape.)

But that's typical of the 70s.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Blacula:
OMG! When I wrote in the other thread that the only reason Saturn Girl hadn't appeared on any Legion covers yet was because she was going to hog all the variants for herself it was meant to be a JOKE!

Gah! What a disappointment. I hate the regular cover so much I was hoping for a fantastic Jim Lee variant to get instead. And, while it is a nice picture of Imra, the cover of a Legion #1 should have more than one member (or one unidentifiable hand) on it.

I also didn't realise Jim Lee was going to be doing a series of one-character variants. While that will hopefully bring in more sales, my OCD-ness means if I get the Imra cover I will have to keep getting the character covers so as not to break the set. But what if I like some later regular covers more? Dilemma!

ugh. This is not the Legion news I was hoping to start the day with. [Frown]

easily you can frame the character covers as I did with JSA Alex Ross cover with black background...it was beautiful.

I am hoping to see Jim Lee drawing two: Colossal Boy's adventure costume era (red/green/yellow scheme) and heh, Cosmic Boy's black bustier costume heh. [Smile]

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I like it!
... and I bet the 6 covers are gonna look FABOO when placed side by side!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Not my favorite costume of her's but it makes for a nice cover.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Why is her hand glowing? Is there meant to be a flight ring there and he just forgot to draw it?

I don't love it so much, but it's a cute idea, and yay Jim Lee! [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Great cover - certainly gets some attention, more than the dumb green ring cover anyway...

Something to hunt down at Ebay [Smile]

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I still don't like it.
Imra looks old and broken, somehow.

But I'll have to ask for it from my dealer since I really dislike the 'hand' cover.

I hope Jim does a Shady/Umbra costume from the Coipel era.
I'd like a lavender Violet, too.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:

I hope Jim does a Shady/Umbra costume from the Coipel era.
I'd like a lavender Violet, too.

Presumably the characters represented are from this Legion's past which means that the only candidates from the 90s are XS and Gates.

If Lee is going girl/boy/girl/boy/girl then I would guess something like:

50s: Saturn Girl (original costume)
60s: Lightning Lad
70s: Saturn Girl
80s: Invisible Kid or Polar Boy
90s: XS
00s: Cosmic Boy

If it is all girls, then:

50s: Saturn Girl (original costume)
60s: Triplicate Girl or Dream Girl
80s: White Witch or Shrinking Violet
90s: XS
00s: Lightning Lass

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Icon 8 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Umm, you seem to be forgetting that Imra is the GREATEST PANEL/COVER HOG OF ALL TIME!!!
So that obviously means it gonna be:

50s: Saturn Girl
60s: Saturn Girl
80s: Saturn Girl
90s: Saturn Girl
00s: Saturn Girl

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Jim Lee... you will... put me... on all... variant covers!
 -

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.