Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Jim Lee #1 Variant. For real. (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Jim Lee #1 Variant. For real.
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
 -
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't like it, sorry.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
its okay , her hair looks weird but if it helps keep the books selling then im all for it, also nice to see her back in this look

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I heard this is 1 of several variants, featuring a team-member in 50s 60s 70s 80s and 90s outfits??? Is this true or rumour-RAMA?

I *do* like it better than the regular cover.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crymsun Kid
Subs Auxillary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crymsun Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Crymsun Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I LOVE the Legion Cruiser in the background!

--------------------
Listen to the Completely Comics Podcast at http://completelycomics.wordpress.com/

From: Korugar | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I heard this is 1 of several variants, featuring a team-member in 50s 60s 70s 80s and 90s outfits??? Is this true or rumour-RAMA?

You got to wonder how bizarre it would be to have a copy of this with Imra in her 90s or 00s costume?
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I like it better than the other cover!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
I like it better than the other cover!

Well, *that's* not hard! [Wink]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
[Wink]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
My big problem is that the new LOSH editor Brian Cunningham doesn't know his Legion history -

quote:
“Jim’s schedule is kinda busy, to say the least, but his love of the Legion ultimately prevailed! Jim’s idea for these variants is to spotlight a Legionnaire from a different era. The first cover — Saturn Girl in her 1970s outfit designed by the late, great Dave Cockrum — is sexy as all get-out! I’m not sure who will be on #2’s variant yet — I’m secretly hoping it’s Matter-Eater Lad, but whoever Jim wants to draw is fine by me!”
Everyone knows that costume was designed by K. Haven Metzger of Columbia City, IN!

And while I will enjoy Jim's take on the various eras and Legionnaires...I can't help but think this is another "Gary Frank redesign the Legionnaire costumes to make them unrecognizable" moment. Would a casual reader understand/appreciate why this cover doesn't match the interior? It's almost like DC doesn't want to sell this book to anybody but the members of this forum.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm liking it! My only problem...it's hard to tell what her right arm is doing.

quote:
Would a casual reader understand/appreciate why this cover doesn't match the interior?
With it being a 1:10 variant, I don't think you have to worry about the casual reader picking this up. Only us fans and the speculators.

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
and the jim lee fans who buy anything with his name on it

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brigort
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigort   Email brigort         Edit/Delete Post     
I like it as an art piece, but it's certainly not in character. I just can't imagine Imra standing around pouting and flipping her hair.

I certainly won't pay a premium for it.

From: PEI, Canada | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Lovely cover! yeah I am gonna buy that cover....it kind of reminisces me of Farrah Fawcett (RIP Farrah).
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
super hot. way better than the hand cover that is equal parts green lantern and legion.

Lee's a bit more cartoony here than before. i liked his more stylized 90s X-men stuff.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.