Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Jim Lee #1 Variant. For real. (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Jim Lee #1 Variant. For real.
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
If my shop sells this for close to normal price I may pick it up. Most of the variants of this number are 4.99 each.

yah my shop by home puts all the variant covers out on the shelf, like first com first serve, and i dont even grab the variant cover cause sometimes i prefer the regular ... but this punk *s* shop by school automatically puts the variants covers up on the wall in a plastic bag 20$ 50$

shady.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I have to say I am a bit disappointed after seeing that this mysterious Jim Lee variant is 80s Saturn Girl. Don't get me wrong tho'... the drawing is ok (not Jim's best work), but I guess I was hoping for maybe, I dunno, a group shot or something, the entire team flying up from the clubhouse maybe, anything would be better than the cover with a fist wearing a GL and Legion ring. This Lee variant cover sure aint it!! I honestly don't know if I'll even buy the variant now.
Oh well.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Ya know, on one hand, it's nice to see a sort of realistic chest on a pin-up... on the other hand, it's otherwise a pretty generic pic that doesn't really convey SG's personality at all.

[shrug] Whatever brings in the fans, I guess...

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanteSF
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanteSF   Email DanteSF         Edit/Delete Post     
Not Lee's best work.

And Sweet Christ, I hate that costume.

From: On The Beat | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:

I hope Jim does a Shady/Umbra costume from the Coipel era.
I'd like a lavender Violet, too.

Presumably the characters represented are from this Legion's past which means that the only candidates from the 90s are XS and Gates.

Probably.
(I did say 'hope', though)

But, if he just does the current Legion he's leaving out a lot more than the reboot, really.
He should only be able to do the Legion up to the middle/end of the Baxter era, since everything else hasn't happened yet or is in other universes.
He can't do 5yl or TMK or Legion on the Run or 0hr. or Mordruverse or even any of the later years of Baxter (nothing much past the Magic Wars because he can't do any of the Superboy/Supergirl dying and the reprecussions like Lar dying, etc.)
I'm gonna go read that Baxter Era rewrite thread and try an figure out where we are, anyway!

As to who his final 5 are, unless he does like lilrhino says and does ALL Saturn Girl, [LOL] , I don't think that he'll repeat her

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.