Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion-related June 2010 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Legion-related June 2010 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmmm... Could be. Or they could've been living/stationed on Winath, as at the start of 5YG.

I'm not a fan of blowing up worlds right and left, but whether or not I buy has more to do with disposable income than anything else at this point.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stephbarton
Possibly an evil Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stephbarton   Email stephbarton         Edit/Delete Post     
Weren't the kids on Earth last time they were seen in the current continuity (damn Legion questions are hard to ask)?

What I mean, is from the Baxter issues I read awhile, weren't Imra and Garth (and the twins) living on Earth? I thought they were because it's not like they commuted to Legion meetings.

Of course we know Earth isn't destroyed, so I guess we have to assume they moved (possibly because of the Earthman fiasco).

Still, I won't worry about them until it's proven, I would hate to see them die as that's pretty much complete creative bankruptcy, and the story can be told just as well with Garth and Imra (where is Garth by the way, looking for Mekt's twin or back for this series, it will be weird without him) worrying about them and finding them alive than actually killing them. comics rarely do death well in terms of its long term impact, and losing their kids is something they'll never quite be over.

Anyhoo, like that cover better than the first, but even though I'm enjoying the GL side of things in the present day DCU, the mention of the Corps in the solict makes me roll my eyes and hope that by issue #3 all Levitz wants to say about the GL's has been said and they aren't mentioned for another 300 issues or some such.

--------------------
Long Live the Legion!

Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
What do people think of the new-look Legion belts? They look a bit bulky and garish to me. I'd rather them sleek and stylish or else practical like they were in the reboot.

And I agree with EDE in that the blown-up world and GL sub-plots are two of the least likely things to get me interested in a Legion comic.

I'm just hoping Levitz can make something good of them.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
The belts are retrolike, Flash Gordon retro.
sigh

I think Tinya's outfit is equally dated and just wrong.

And who's the guy behind Saturn Queen?

Anyway, I found the dotREGELS cover more fun.
No one can look bored and put upon like Vril!

The cover on Brave and Bold -
*I originally thought the Blimp WAS Chlorophy Kid (I guess I didn't recognize him because of the way he's looking at Bunny.)
*Lydda's hair looks like Marg's on the Simpsons, ugh.
*I bet the Subs are after the big guy with the 2 sets of ears.
They could use some muscle on their team!

Haven't the Subs teamed up with these guys before?

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
For the record, neither the destroyed world nor the Legionnaire becoming Green Lanterns plot sounds all that appealing to me.

Thirded. Those are the least interesting things planned, IMO.

Worlds blowing up and characters being killed always reek of desperation and sensationalist bids to avoid the editorial chopping block. To have stuff like that happening right off the bat makes it feel like the book is *already* teetering on the brink of cancellation.

It's the kind of hackery, IMO, that happens as a book is failing, and the writers start knocking crap over and killing off characters in an attempt to draw attention to the title, like a screaming child throwing his blocks around because he isn't getting the attention he craves.

On the other hand, given how rarely we get to really see the Legion home-worlds, and, in some cases, how little thought has gone into them, it's hardly like anyone would notice. We've had, what, two stories set on Rimbor in the last forty years, in different continuities? I don't even remember what Bismoll, or Cargg, or Starhaven, or Braal, or Imsk, look like!

Talokk VIII, Orando and the Sorcerer's World seem to get all the press. Glory-hogs!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I think the cover of #2 is hot.... this new artist should be just fine.
I too am not a fan of having whole worlds blow up for no real reason except to garner cheap sympathy on the part of us readers. If it IS Titan that is the rumored "doomed" world then so be it .... just PLEASE give us a damned good reason as to why (and not just because Saturn Queen and/or the Super Villians just wanted to get their jollies). Something of that magnitude must have a logical motive behind it. Could it be that Levitz wants to ban telepathy in the 31st century? So let's kill off as many telepaths as we can in one fell swoop and then hunt down the rest later. It would seem logical based on the paranoia we've seen thus far with all the human supremacy plots that seem to be at the forefront of story-writing for the Legion books lately. The one huge problem is that Titan is not the only world of telepaths (ie: Tellus' home world).
Just a thought.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
On the one hand I could see Titan telepaths as being a sound target for terrorist.

But for human type xenophobes in general, the Titan telepaths are one of the last groups I'd want to eliminate.

They're human colonists.
The rings of Saturn effect the human genome, enhancing an ability that humans have, in general.
They give us a huge advantage when dealing with aliens that we can't really understand easily any other way.

Humans have enough trouble trying to figure out the non-verbal communication we have with each other.

I read a book once. written by someone with a linguistic background, about a Titan like human telepath used by an Earth based government.
Humans had encountered a race of non-humanoids who had evolved as telepaths.
They were killing anything they encounted.

She eventually got through to them, understood them, and through her, they realized that other things besides them were actually real and living, thinking beings.

Blowing up planets is like destroying rain forests, imo.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by future king:
The one huge problem is that Titan is not the only world of telepaths (ie: Tellus' home world).
Just a thought.

That plus the fact that, according to depictions in the past, there's usually a huge number of Titanians offworld at any moment. Unless you can find an excuse for gathering all the Titanians together on their home planet, it's unrealistic to suppose that would eliminate telepaths.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
quote:
Originally posted by future king:
The one huge problem is that Titan is not the only world of telepaths (ie: Tellus' home world).
Just a thought.

That plus the fact that, according to depictions in the past, there's usually a huge number of Titanians offworld at any moment. Unless you can find an excuse for gathering all the Titanians together on their home planet, it's unrealistic to suppose that would eliminate telepaths.
But with Earth's recent turn to Xenophobia in the very same solar system, there may have been a reduction in the amount of people willing to leave the relative safety of Titan if you've got potentially violent Terrans roaming around your neck of the woods.
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe, but I'd think if I was a Titanian whose been living on Xanthu for years, the last thing I'd want to do is to move back to the same system as Earth.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, this is why I increasingly don't like reading previews, let alone discussions of previews by people who are less clueless than I am. (Less clueless? Is that a double negative?) I'm just still overjoyed that there are 2 Legion books in June by Paul Levitz, a Subs B&B appearance, etc.

I'm not going to be too judgemental about where the plots are going, especially since the books aren't even out yet. I have every reason to believe that Levitz has many twists in store for his stories that aren't addressed (rightly) in the previews. If the twins deaths were so cut and dried, would they be preview story point? The status of the GLC in the Legion's time was always one of the fan obsessions. Levitz dealt with it really well in that great flashback issue at the Time Institute. I'm hoping this story takes things even further. And you can hardly do wrong, from a commercial perspective, with a GL tie-in these days. Finally, hope springs eternal in my naive heart that cementing the GLC in the Legion's era will prevent the twice-decade stories of the GLC's utter destruction in the present era.

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Legion #2 cover: *drool!*
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
Legion #2 cover: *drool!*

Isn't it awesome? Saturn Queen looks amazing. She's wearing the same sort of mini-skirt that Supergirl wears, and yet, on her, it looks awesome.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
The way the cover is layed out reminds me of Al Milgrom's covers for Marvel Comics back in the day. I love it!
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I love it as well. I'm looking forward to both the flashback tale and the current story.

It's a great time to be a Legion fan!

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.