Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion-related June 2010 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Legion-related June 2010 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
Poor Ayla--that was an extremely trying time for her (during that same period Brin Londo was also declared dead)! Too bad the writers never exploited that plotline...

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Posted by Paul on Facebook:

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Levitz:

When a character says something clearly factually incorrect based on past tales, one of these things is at work:

1) Continuity has changed due to shifting multiverses, creative fiat or the like.
2) They're lying.
or 3) The chronicler is momentarily brain dead.

In re: Saturn Girl's declaration in ADVENTURE #515 that she's an orphan too, see #3.

So I had this perfect visual memory of the cover of ADVENTURE #360, except it was Saturn Girl in the playpen where Dream Girl actually stands...

Sorry, gang.

Not likely to be my last.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, now that's pretty classy. I have endless forgiveness for a clean mea culpa.

We're all human, and there's like thirty Legionnaires with at least three different continuities *each,* so the occasional 'oops' is gonna happen, I imagine.

In other news, Imra totally needs a mohawk now. I think it's the only haircut she hasn't had yet...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gorilla Nebula
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gorilla Nebula   Email Gorilla Nebula         Edit/Delete Post     
LOOOVE seeing those Grell pages!
i agree Levitz is a classy guy to admit it's just a mistake.
too many creators don't 'fess up.

--------------------
Gorilla Nebula

From: san francisco | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree with you about Grell's art GN.
It was technically beautiful in its simplicity (not an easy thing when you're drawing a futuristic comic) and flawless in its clean lines... AND it made this youngster (me) fall head over heels in love with the Legion and sit up in awe to the point that I would camp out at my local variety store every month to wait for the next issue to come out.

That's when I knew I was hooked for life, and Mike Grell was a huge part of that for me.

From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Does Paul's appology mean that Imra will have parents again?

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^ I think so. It was just a glitch.
From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
hmm say anyone seen the variant cover of #2 yet? I hear it ll be superboy and krypto? accurate?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
hmm say anyone seen the variant cover of #2 yet? I hear it ll be superboy and krypto? accurate?

I read that too but I don't remember where. This could very well be a detail from it.

http://twitpic.com/1rgh6j

Looks like more beautiful but boringk in-your-face nostalgia. [Roll Eyes]

The standard Legion #2 cover at least got me ruminating. Saturn Queen might single out Ultra Boy for failing to save Titan (he was the strongest Legionnaire available). Perhaps she'll let him off easy and just mind-blast him, but the really nice thing about Retroboot SQ is that she loves digging up people's perverted little secrets. What's Jo's? Maybe he really *did* kill somebody on Rimbor. Maybe it's that he kicks his dog or cheats on Tinya.

I hope it's something moderately lurid, anyway. Imra's "secrets" last issue were ridiculously banal -- it better be better than that.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
googoomuck
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for googoomuck   Author's Homepage   Email googoomuck         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by superboymddjr:

There's a link to the preview of #2 with the variant cover in the Legion of Super-Heroes #2 topic.

--------------------
Play Stratego online at http://www.metaforge.net/webstratego/

From: Minneapolis Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.