Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion-related June 2010 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Legion-related June 2010 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
The # 2 cover art reminds me of Bart Sears' art somewhat.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
That's it! That's who's art on #2's cover reminded me of.... Bart Sears stuff. And MLLASH you hit the nail right on the head! [Cool]
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Fortunately, I'm a fan of Bart Sears! [Smile]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Triplicate Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Triplicate Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:

On the other hand, given how rarely we get to really see the Legion home-worlds, and, in some cases, how little thought has gone into them, it's hardly like anyone would notice. We've had, what, two stories set on Rimbor in the last forty years, in different continuities? I don't even remember what Bismoll, or Cargg, or Starhaven, or Braal, or Imsk, look like!

Talokk VIII, Orando and the Sorcerer's World seem to get all the press. Glory-hogs!

Reminds me of Deep Space 9. When the Dominion War was on, the writers wanted to have a recognizable planet invaded, but they thought something like "Vulcan is too much". They went with Betazed, a world of no significance to the DS9 series. And we never saw Betazed after that. It was only in one of the novels that I got the story of the liberation of Betazed. Shows you how little importance the TV writers gave to it.

--------------------
Tom Strong, on nostalgia: "I suppose it's a ready substitute for genuine feeling."
- Tom Strong #6, Alan Moore

From: Calgary, Alberta | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Wasn't Deanna a Betazoid?

Anyway,
we recently saw the 'new' Starhaven' in dotREBELS, so that's interesting.

In the reboot, after LOST, we saw Rimbor, and earlier, Durla, Braal and Orando.
We saw Rimbor in Prime boot, too, as well as Bgtzl, Winath, Colu/Imsk, Naltor and Orando, to name a few off my head.
But, I guess they don't count.

We'll have to see what Levitz keeps in th retroboot and what is changed.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
Also we saw Cargg in the Prime/Three boot as well.
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:

I think his point was that Beta-Zed was not important to the *Deep Space Nine* storyline, which, really, it wasn't. A threat to the Trill homeworld, or the Ferengi homeworld, would have been more relevant to the characters on the station.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Are we guessing which legionnaire gets a green lantern ring yet? I'm going with Matter-Eater Lad. I hope Stone Boy is eventually his backup.
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
future king

I know SuperboyPrime snapped his neck in the Lo3W but my money's still on Rond being the "new" Green Lantern in the 31st century.
He is a key player in the classic Legion mythos (and a favorite of Paul Levitz').
The power of the ring must have protected him somehow.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'd like Rond back.

--------------------

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
I want Rond back as well. None of the current Legionnaires particularly need another power-source.

I'm still nuzzling around in my head the idea of 'It's good to have power again.' Luornu lost her powers, but has gotten them back. Sun Boy 'lost his fire,' but he got it back as well. Dawny has wings again, Blok is still made of rock, Reep got his powers back, etc. Are there currently any de-powered Legionnaires?

Heh, could it be an 'honorary' Legionnaire like Pete Ross, Jimmy Olsen or Lana Lang (well, obviously not Lana, 'cause she doesn't have man-hands)? 'Cause that could be funny.

That could actually be a kind of neat way of taking a character from the current Superman continuity, with an established Legion continuity, and using them as a bridge (and sparing them from current craziness, like Pete being a former Vice-President and working in a sub-shop or whatever...). Then again, I don't think Pete actually had powers, unlike Elastic Jimmy and Insect Lana.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
Are we guessing which legionnaire gets a green lantern ring yet? I'm going with Matter-Eater Lad. I hope Stone Boy is eventually his backup.

Tenzil with a power ring would be a blast to read! (Maybe not by Levitz, but by Giffen, definitely)
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
quote:

I think his point was that Beta-Zed was not important to the *Deep Space Nine* storyline, which, really, it wasn't. A threat to the Trill homeworld, or the Ferengi homeworld, would have been more relevant to the characters on the station.
Yes.
But . . .,
we knew that Beta-Zed was in that quadrant because Deanna's mother had a relationship/friendship with the Dominion shapeshifter on DS9.

I get the point, though.
[Smile]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

What I wanted to say was that the legionnaire/green lantern was called a 'rookie' by Johns in the preview panels at the beginning of Adventure, a few months ago.

I'd love it to be Rond, though.

Unfortunately, we saw his ring fly away in Lo3W's.
Universo wanted the ring back, but failed to secure it.
With the timeline being messed with in the Superman/Legion story, maybe all bets are off, again.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
What I wanted to say was that the legionnaire/green lantern was called a 'rookie' by Johns in the preview panels at the beginning of Adventure, a few months ago.

That confirms my theory that it is "permanent rookie" Polar Boy! [Wink]
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.