Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Official Legion AR Thread (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Official Legion AR Thread
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Very well here is my contribution. [Updated with actual date]

Last Thursday's (January 18, 2007) edition of the National Post. (I wouldn't have noticed but for the fact that someone bought the last Globe and Mail) reprinted this article from www.popcultureaddict.com.

10 Lamest Heroes Ever

[ January 25, 2007, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Tamper Lad ]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mediocre Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mediocre Boy   Email Mediocre Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Heh heh! I read this article, too--except in the Toronto Star, I think--and also thought about mentioning it on this board somewhere. [Smile]

--------------------
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, so the meek[s] shall inherit inherit the Earth, but what about the geeks? I still want Baffin Island--polar bears and all! :)

From: Brampton, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Scans!

Here's the page from Cable/Deadpool.

Click for fullsize image

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, LL!

One time I googled "Saturn Girl" and I found one of my photomanipulations of her. It was used on a site where the guy was basically roasting the sexy uniforms worn by the Legion. He was pretty brutal to our poor Cos. Oh, he also made a comment about how it's great that on the internet, hormonal 14 year olds create photomanips of supermodels into superheroines. I think I'll take that as a compliment! (Though I know it's not.)

I'll have to do that search again and find the link.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Well, I did that search again on both google and yahoo and didn't find it. Must be gone. I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine it.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Well, I did that search again on both google and yahoo and didn't find it. Must be gone. I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine it.

Would this be the one you were looking for Dean?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Here's the page from Cable/Deadpool.

And so, I finally got LL to buy an issue [Razz]

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Yes, Scott, that's it. Boy, he sure let ME have it, huh?

"lonely virginal fanboy"

and

"furtive 12 year old internet masturbator"

Yeesh!

He's stupid!

That's totally Rebecca Romijn, not Heide Klum!

(I was insulted for about a second, then I started laughing....)

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Man, I can't believe my man, Aqualad, made the 10 Worst super heroes list. There are WAY lamer characters than him. Such as

Bumblebee
Joker's Daughter
Hornblower
Porcupine Pete
Doubleheader
Quislet
Catspaw
Tyroc

What was that surfer dude's name that the Legion met once? Add him to the list too.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koymc Dox
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Koymc Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Koymc Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
What was that surfer dude's name that the Legion met once? Add him to the list too.
I was about to suggest Jamm, but he was more of a skateboarder as I recall. That's one issue I try to block out of my mind.

--------------------
"I will drill a hole through my head. You cannot stop me."

Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

That's who I meant. You and me both.

--------------------

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lad Boy
3rd smartest person on Legion World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lad Boy   Email Lad Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
quote:

Would this be the one you were looking for Dean?
"I'm telling you, this was a good time to be reading the Legion, If, you know, you planned on growing up to be a pervert."

wasn't really my plan at the time

From: Washington DC | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

What a great article! I completely agree with the author's rant, except for the line where he says Mike Grell's Cosmic Boy costume was partially pink when we all know the black bits were all there was to it.

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Comic Foundry magazine, a new comics mag that just published its first issue last week, has an interview with Yuri Lowenthal. Great pic of him and of Superman, even if it is black and white.

=====
Posted from my BlackBerry Pearl

Lightning Lad
Founder

Okay, I know this thread may be a bit jumbled, date-wise, now but we have one thread for all Legion AR appearances. I may have missed a couple that didn't specifically state "Legion AR" in their title but we can work those as found.

So if you have an AR appearance you have found, post it here. Please don't start a new thread for it.

Thanks to everyone who spots these appearances and lets us know about them!

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.