Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Official Legion AR Thread (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Official Legion AR Thread
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Possible AR appearance in this month's solicits... BACK ISSUE #25 has an article on those LEGENDS of the SUPER-HEROES TV specials. Wasn't Mordru in the cast?

DCBS has it listed as a special at $2.78 (60% off).

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Ross
Honorary Member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Ross   Email Pete Ross         Edit/Delete Post     
There's an appearance of the Legion statues in the current issue of Superman (#670) during a fight in the Fortress of Solitude (Mon-El gets knocked over). It's story page 29.
Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Displayed here.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Looking at someone's shoulders in this pic, which seems to remind me most of some things... http://images.comicbookresources.com/solicits/marvelcomics/200802/ANNCON004.jpg

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
We all know that author Michael Chabon is a comics fan, based on his novel "The Amazing Adventures of Kavelier and Clay," right.

But did you know that the Legion is on his four color radar?

In Chabon's collection of short stories, "Werewolves In Their Youth," the first sentence of the first story mentions Matter-Eater Lad.

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
The final panel of Brave and the Bold #8 has a Legion cameo. A hand, formed from the pages of the Book of Destiny has numerous pictures from the book. One can see the Luck Lords, the Emerald Eye, and Micro Lad/Colossal Boy. You really need to look, but in my AR-mindedness, this one counts! [Smile]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
One of my favorite parodies-

Normal Man

quote:
The futuristic Legion of Superfluous Heroes also made major appearances in the book, but since roll call was required before the team went into action, and the team was so darn big to begin with, they didn’t actually do anything but the roll call. For seven issues.
edit:

[LOL]

Click for fullsize image

[ November 24, 2007, 02:38 AM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
The comic segment of Doctor Who Magazine #389 has the Doctor being asked "What are you? Daxamite? Dominator?"

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
There's an issue of Gay Comics w/ Ayla & Salu on the cover. I'll dig it out & post the iss.#.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
The November Back Issue magazine, #25, has an article on the live action Legends of the Super-Heroes, including several black and white photos of Mordru.

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
Have you guys ever watched the Nickelodeon cartoon "Fairly Oddparents"? It's about Timmy Turner, a 10 year old boy who's life is so bad (parents who often ignore him and cluelessly leave him in the care of a wickedly mean babysitter) that he winds up being given fairy godparents to make things better. Timmy can wish for almost anything (but hey, there are rules...and often disaterous results). My kids watch it most every day, and the reason I bring it up is because of an obvious Legion homage I caught the other day, while watching it with them.

In one particular espisode, Timmy wished that everyone in the world had super powers. Two of his geeky friends end up with the following "can't-help-but-be-Legionesque" abilities:
Chester, a kid with braces, becomes "Matter-Muncher Lad", who can eat through anything, and Elmer, a kid with a large boil on his face becomes "Bouncing Boil".

Coincidence? I think not!! [Smile]

The episode was called "The Big Superhero Wish" and originally aired Feb 16,2004. If anybody wants to see it, time may be running out as the series ceased production in Oct 2005, so there are no new episodes (with the exception of a Jimmy Neutron crossover movie coming this June 2006, which will also be the series finale of JN as well). No telling how much longer Nick will keep it on their schedule.

I was playing around with my Windows Media Center last night, recording shows and looking through the guide. For some reason I was looking through the kids shows option and Nic came up. I paged through a few hours and The Fairly OddParents showed up. It just happened to be "The Big Superhero Wish!". Couldn't believe my luck. Set it to record (was on at 5:30 AM) and have edited out the commercials. Currently encoding it to play on my iPhone so I can watch it at work tomorrow.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
say, wasn't there a new Persuader seen recently in Teen Titans, I believe this month, as a member of Terror Titans?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
I was playing around with my Windows Media Center last night, recording shows and looking through the guide. For some reason I was looking through the kids shows option and Nic came up. I paged through a few hours and The Fairly OddParents showed up. It just happened to be "The Big Superhero Wish!". Couldn't believe my luck. Set it to record (was on at 5:30 AM) and have edited out the commercials. Currently encoding it to play on my iPhone so I can watch it at work tomorrow.

Scott,

Did you get a chance to watch it? What did you think? [Smile]

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

Scott,

Did you get a chance to watch it? What did you think? [Smile]

Not too bad. MML and BB got a couple of funny moments. I thought it a worthy addition to my AR collection. [Smile]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot

quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Reboot has brought it to my attention that CABLE/DEADPOOL #36 contains the line "Go all Reep Daggle..."

On the basis that that counted...

In Wolverine: First Class ( [Razz] ) #1, Kitty Pryde hadn't, when the story is set, chosen a codename - and at the precise moment of the issue, she 'can't decide between "Phase" and "Phantom Girl"'...

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/8743/wolverinefirstclassgn0.jpg

[ March 26, 2008, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Reboot ]

--------------------

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.