Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Legion-related June 2010 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Legion-related June 2010 Solicitations and Images ... SPOILERS
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Did they address it in the Silver Age story where all but 5 Legionnaires parents come to visit? She wasn't one of the five, was she?
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
No, she wasn't one of the "Five Legion Orphans".

I can't remember anything with her parents, however. She was named after he aunt, as I recall.

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Huh, Saturn Girl as an orphan.

She's different in every continuity, it seems!

She's got a sister in one. She was training to be a cop in another. She was related to Universo in another. Her mom was on the UP council in the threeboot...

It's kinda neat.

Kinda NOT!
sigh

I'll really miss her family.
[Frown]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Eh, I don't remember really ever seeing her parents (save her mom in the threeboot), so I'm not real invested in them.

Didn't Brainy used to have a mom named Brainic Four, and now he's got a dad named Brainiac Four? Such is life in the funny-books.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Brainiac Four as his mom was a concept from the Reboot. This version of Brainy should follow this back story -

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Cool! Thanks Nighty! I'd heard about Brainy's mom on these forums, but didn't know that she was a reboot invention, and not from the 'classic' continuity.

Neat that this is the first mention of Vril Dox.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

The lineage of Brainy (including the name "Vril Dox") dates back to Adventure Era letter columns, as I recall!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
"If you want to be a good little mass of energy, you'll CLAM UP and let me work!"

Marla's so mean!!

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Hmm... Arlayn is pretty touchy towards Marla...
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
BRAINIAC 5 (Querl Dox) of the planet COLU, is a descendant of VRIL DOX, the adopted son of the original BRAINIAC, SUPERMAN'S foe. VRIL found a way to raise his brain to the 12th level, making it the equal of BRAINIAC'S computer mind; and a genetic change enabled him to pass this super-mind on to his descendants, including BRAINIAC 5. BRAINIAC 5 has a "computer mind" and can perform intricate calculations in seconds. His force-shield can protect him from danger. From SUPERMAN ANNUAL #4 1961
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korbal
The Lightning World

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korbal   Email Korbal         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
I can't remember anything with her parents, however. She was named after he aunt, as I recall.

They were briefly seen in the opening of SUPERBOY #184, the story where Renkil Kem tries to murder his brother Tenzil. Her father returned in Legion Who's Who tale of the Legionnnaire parent party held by the Allons.

This revelation could also mean that Garth's parents are still alive, as they crashed in the Asteroid Belt after visiting Saturn, which although not overtly stated, it could easily be assumed they chose that particular destination to meet their potential in-laws...

--------------------
"I am the LEGION--you colossal Jerk!"--Garth Ranzz LEGION #63

Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Click for fullsize image

Nightcrawler
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
Chalk it up to another change in continuity. I'm pretty sure she wasn't an orphan preboot.

Hopefully, Paul will address this obvious lie.

Or he can run each script by use for error checking first. Interested, Paul?

Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Korbal:

This revelation could also mean that Garth's parents are still alive, as they crashed in the Asteroid Belt after visiting Saturn, which although not overtly stated, it could easily be assumed they chose that particular destination to meet their potential in-laws...

Which would fit with Imra's reference to Garth's "folks" in LSH #1...
Eryk Davis Ester

Great googly moogly!

There's Renkil Kem!

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.