Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Official Legion AR Thread (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Official Legion AR Thread
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
say did anyone get the Green Lantern Secret Origins and File recently? It was sold out in my CBS so I wonder if there are some mentions in GL about Daxamites, Tellus's race, and anything that came from the Legion Lore?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
add Green Lantern Secret Files and Origin to the AR list as I have been told recently by a friend of mine saying that there have been some mentions of Legion Planets there in that book such as Daxam, Durla, Dryad, and others. Thought that it may be a good one. i do not have it yet since CBS sold out on that book. I am looking for it in Ebay and hopefully will snipe for a good price.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete Ross
Honorary Member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete Ross   Email Pete Ross         Edit/Delete Post     
In Booster Gold #8 (June 2008), story page 11 has a panel at Vanishing Point (normally the home of the Linear Men, but currently occupied by Despero, Per Degaton, and Black Beetle). On one of the monitors in the background, there is a scene of the three founders talking with a young Clark Kent.
Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Guys, if anyone has a copy of "Big Bang Comics" 18, with the Pantheon of Heroes, it would really help if someone could scan the scenes with a character named Snowstar.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Hackett
The Red Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Hackett           Edit/Delete Post     
In Super Friends #25, the Venturans kidnap the Super Friends for their "Super Olympics of Space". They compete against teams of Daxamites (all dressed like Mon-el), Durlans and Dryads (who all look like Blok).
From: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The latest issue of the Comics Buyers Guide is an all-Legion issue with pages and pages of Legion interviews and discussions. Any AR fan may want to check it out.

I think any longtime Legion Worlder would know just about everything Legion already but its still cool. My only complaint is there is too much space devoted to Legion continuity but that's just because I have so many years of online Legion fandom having beaten this topic to death. Any casual Legion reader would find it fascinating. That portion is done by Captain Comics, Andrew Smith.

Mr. Silver Age does a nice round-up of all Super-Pets appearances.

The Great Darkness Saga is analyzed issue by issue in the back.

A pretty fun read. I've been reading CBG since I was like 12 years old so I was delighted to see a Legion-centric issue.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
...and here's the cover by Yildiray!
 -

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, oh my

[Gasp]

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
^That woulda made a GREAT cover to LSH #1. [Frown]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
it should have been

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Paul Levitz himself should have been where Lightning Lad is in that picture.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duck458
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duck458   Email duck458         Edit/Delete Post     
who is that under Saturn Girl's armpit?

--------------------
So what.

From: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Polar Boy.

Thanks for posting the cover Rhino!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
^That woulda made a GREAT cover to LSH #1. [Frown]

quote:
Originally posted by Mattropolis:
it should have been

Agreed.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
Here's a li'l tidbit from the article:

"According to ACTION #862, Earth Man killed Double-Header, blinded Color Kid, and threw Infectious Lass through time( to show up unexpectedly in TALES of the UNEXPECTED ).
Levitz says he has no immediate plans for the Legion of Substitute Heroes, so how much of the above is still true will remain unknown for a while."

on ADVENTURE COMICS:

"Geoff challenged me to do a book's worth of stories that could be given to a new reader as a way into the Legion."
"The story, 'Brande Speaks' in ADV.#517 has real background for the tale that I expect will be the primary plot in LEGION #6... and I expect the unrevealed details of Saturn Girl's early LSH days in 'Saturn Rising'(ADV.#518) will set up some new tensions to be resolved in current times."

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.