Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » LSH31 #10 Solicitation and Images...SPOILERS (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: LSH31 #10 Solicitation and Images...SPOILERS
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Cover image first with solicitation text to follow (probably tomorrow afternoon).

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Click for fullsize image

The Legion of Super Heroes in the 31st Century #10
Written by Matt Manning, art and cover by Matt Stewart.

An ancient legacy catches up with Brainiac 5 when he learns the terrible secret of his great-great-grandfather, Brainiac 1...one of Superman's greatest enemies! To make it up to Superman, Brainy takes him on a trip to his home planet's past -- but an unexpected detour to the Phantom Zone could mean disaster!

32 pages, $2.25, in stores on Jan. 16.

[ October 15, 2007, 05:04 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thor2168
Cute-Baby-Boy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thor2168   Email thor2168         Edit/Delete Post     
Really, do they need to keep her with the mullett and Eddie Munster hairline? No wonder boys on the panel did not want to see her in the show...

--------------------
I just can't BLOK it out!

From: The land of toys and stinky diapers!!! | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by thor2168:
Really, do they need to keep her with the mullett and Eddie Munster hairline? No wonder boys on the panel did not want to see her in the show...

[LOL]

I guess they want her to look more "exotic".

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
She does look a bit like a salmon.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Updated with solicitation text.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker Lass
Current status: borderline narcoleptic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh come on, am I the only one who thinks Saturn Girl's design is the coolest thing ever? It doesn't help that her bodily proportions on this cover are out of wack, though - her torso, her torso!

Funny how the solicitation text has absolutely no mention of her whatsoever. Wow.

--------------------
{This has been a Lurker Lass sighting}

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah I like the design, but the Eddie Munster reference did resonate.
From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
What's with the "L" logo at her waist? It looks like it is turned 90 degrees to the left (like the L is lying on it's back)???

And her earrings are bigger than her chest for crying out loud!!! I'm not saying I need L31st's Imra to be well endowed or anything, but those earrings are a joke. You think they would be too heavy for her to keep her head up. I guess 31st Century jewelry is all holographic?

And it is strange to see her on a cover that talks about Brainy & Clark. Even with the Phantom Zone reference, I could understand if the cover was P.G.

And I, for one, already miss Saturn Girl as a core team member on the Saturday shows!!!

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Omni Craig:
What's with the "L" logo at her waist? It looks like it is turned 90 degrees to the left (like the L is lying on it's back)???

Most likely whoever at DC in charge of releasing the images flipped it. Easy fix when I get a sec.
Lightning Lad
Founder

Should look a little better now. At least the "L" is fixed.
Dain
Active

Hmm, the solicitation text for #9 and #10 is the same. Since the cover of #9 does show Brainy, that's probably the correct one. I guess DC mixed them up. Stranger things have happened. [Smile]

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000143

[ October 16, 2007, 07:34 AM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew K. Manning
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew K. Manning   Email Matthew K. Manning         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey everyone,

That solicit on the DC site is indeed the wrong one. This issue features Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad trapped inside Legion Headquarters as it is taken over by the Fatal Five. Brainy only makes a brief cameo. This is my first issue for Legion in the 31st, and I really hope you guys enjoy it.

Matthew K. Manning
www.matthewkmanning.com
www.comicspace.com/matthewkmanning

--------------------
www.matthewkmanning.com
www.comicspace.com/matthewkmanning

From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Matthew!

We hope you enjoy joining the Legion's universe of fans and creators.

LLL !!!

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Welcome, Matthew. I'm sure we will! [Smile]
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Matthew K. Manning:
That solicit on the DC site is indeed the wrong one. This issue features Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad trapped inside Legion Headquarters as it is taken over by the Fatal Five.

That's a relief! I thought I had a bad case of "it's deja vu all over again".

Anyway, welcome to the team, Legionnaire.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.