Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Lurker Lass sightings: Sketchbook scans (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Lurker Lass sightings: Sketchbook scans
Lurker Lass
Current status: borderline narcoleptic

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
There were a bunch of these kicking around in my computer, and since there was so much LoSH love goin' around that hey, I caught the bug again.

-

This was one of the first animated!LoSH style designs I did. What with Colu being all Brainiac-style robots now, and me at the time utterly obsessed with L.E.G.I.O.N., I sort of wondered how Vril would change now. Yes, it totally contradicts his character, but I longed to see him animated. Based on the Timm model of Brainiac - sort of like an older model for the Coluans?

[ November 15, 2007, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: Lurker Lass ]

--------------------
{This has been a Lurker Lass sighting}

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker Lass

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lurker Lass   Author's Homepage   Email Lurker Lass         Edit/Delete Post     
When the first preview pic for the animated series came out, lot of people didn't like Saturn Girl's new look. Not me - I swear I am the biggest fan of her widow's peak ever. If there is one thing I love about the animated LoSH's designs, it's that they did go out of their way to make the characters look alien. Because... well, they are aliens. Anyways, sharpie doodle.

-

--------------------

From: Somewhere in the Multi-verse | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lurker Lass

I usually dislike OCs and such, but since I acknowledge that this is a total self-insert, and I've been conscious not to make Lurker Lass the paragon of beauty, it's okay, right?

As far as planets go, I figured Bgztl made the most sense for a lurker? Also, I fell in love with their designs in the cartoon. Her symbol is also a bit of a ref - Phantom Girl's cartoon logo is like a Pacman ghost, so Lurker's is Pacman! Sort of. Aimed for the sleepless stalker look, mostly. Also, she does look rather unintentionally emo. I swear I am not.

-

--------------------

Lurker Lass

Just so you're all aware, I have an unreasonably large obsession with Mekt. All the comic versions, plus the animated one. His cartoon outfit's the best, though. (Seriously, red white and green, what were you thinking.)

-

--------------------

Lurker Lass

This was my first doodle when I got my new tablet. Always liked Shikari, and that red dress she had on in Legion Lost. This was a cartoon-styled design where I tried to make her look... insect-ish? I did some better sketches of this look later, should make a new one. Anyways.

-

--------------------

Lurker Lass

From the Dream Girl thread! Only coloured. Messily.

-

--------------------

Lurker Lass

Man, when I heard that Karate Kid was going to be one of the main players in Countdown, I was so psyched and drew this. Then I heard Karate Kid was going to be in season 2 and I realized that the show's design was probably going to be ten times cooler than mine, but here it is anyways.

-

--------------------

Lurker Lass

I'll admit, I was super-happy about this one. It matched Garth's, and the design on Ayla's chest could double as a symbol for Light Lass or Lightning Lass! Hurrah for negative and positive space. Nevermind that she'll probably not look like this at all, now that Garth's outfit is all different and hardcore in season 2.

-

That's all for now. Oh, and soon to come: stuff from the comics! Really, I swear.

[ August 01, 2007, 03:35 AM: Message edited by: Lurker Lass ]

--------------------

He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Those are really good, Lurker Lass!

I loved the Karate Kid costume. It preserves the best elements of his white and black outfit sans the impractical high collar.

I also like Light(ning) Lass's costume and your rationale for the design.

By the way, I like the animated version of Saturn Girl, too. Your version captures her cool, exotic quality without making her seem too aloof.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lurker Lass:
...I have an unreasonably large obsession with Mekt.

Oh, do go on....
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, these are great! I [Love] Karate Kid-- it's so dynamic and cool! And Saturn Girl looks way hot. And Vril!bot! Woo! [Big Grin] Yay L.E.G.I.O.N.! They all look amazing.

And, hey, there is nothing wrong with creating an avatar of yourself in any Legion 'verse. Trust me, we all do it. [Wink] It's practically a rule around here.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Lurker Lass, I love those! Great job! I also love the Karate Kid costume(& the Lurker Lass & the Brainy, etc!) [Smile]
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful stuff!

I really like the style you used to sketch Shikari and would love to see more of that with...well, *every* Legion character!

I name your drawing(s) of Lurker Lass my favorite of the batch!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awesomegirl
Queen of Awesome

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awesomegirl   Email Awesomegirl         Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome work, Lurker Lass!

--------------------
"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

From: Naboo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star Boy
Cat Clan Commander

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star Boy   Email Star Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Spectaculariffic! Wow wow wow.

I agree, the Shikari is awesome, I also like Dream Girl (messily coloured or no), and think the Lurker Lass pic is magnificent!

Such clean lines! Is this vector art overlaying pencils, or just tight Photoshop work?

--------------------
Wayne@OZ

From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.