Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » The New Doom Patrol! Spoilers! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The New Doom Patrol! Spoilers!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
The Negative Man/Negative Woman/Rebis Connection

OK, I've checked wikipedia and they say that Negative Woman had little to do with Rebis at all. Basically, while Neg-Man was in a coma/hospital, she became Neg-Woman, but then the 'spirit' of Negative Man left her and went back to Larry Trainer.

When it did, it merged Larry not only to itself but to Dr. Elanor Poole, and they both became Rebis. Even more confusing, Rebis mated with Coagula, who apparently was a DPer during Rachel Pollack's run. Rebis was then killed at the end of the run, although a new Rebis arose to take its place.

If this all is true, it kinda makes sense that (1) Negative Man was killed then (of course that all means little now), (2) Negative Woman was depowered and may still be alive, and (3) there may still be a Rebis. However, I can hardly see how a Rebis could exist if Larry Trainer is alive as Negative Man per the Byrne DP.

I also admit that the more confusing this is, the more amusing it is. [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
ask Grant Morrison, then. He was the one who created Rebis the Negative.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Supes, is there a place where you can ask Grant Morrison stuff? 'Cuz that would be an *awesome* website. (I guess there's the Dan Didio newsarama threads, which I think are supposed to still go on after IC...)
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
ehh...I dunno. I have never done that before. maybe can try google it....that's how I found Geoff John's message board...maybe he has one of Grant Morrison thread on his board?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
i knew i was on it before...

http://www.grant-morrison.com/

not sure how much interaction you can get tho.

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

So I did some research. If you don't count the original members, there are absolutely NO LIVING Doom Patrollers from the beginning of the series to the end of the Vertigo run. More accurately, while some are not 'dead', they are virtually un-useable in that they were pretty overtly written out (Crazy Jane, Danny the Street, Rhea/Lodestone).

The one exception: Beast Boy.

Other members are the (4) during the late 90's Arcudi run (no idea if still alive) and the (4) additional ones under Byrne's run that actually hurt my eyeballs and brain when I think about them.

This knowledge, for some reason, excites me greatly about the new Doom Patrol. By the end of the Vertigo run, the only living DPers were Robotman, Beast Boy (hardly a DPer anymore, more of a Titan) and Dorothy Spinner (later deceased in continuity). That's some crazy shit!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.