Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » The New Doom Patrol! Spoilers! (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The New Doom Patrol! Spoilers!
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
See the cover to TT #36 here!

The line-up includes Click Here For A SpoilerThe Chief, Beast Boy, Robotman, Elasti-Girl, Negative Man, Herald, and Bumblebee

[ April 10, 2006, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: Eryk Davis Ester ]

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmic Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmic Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Cosmic Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I love that line-up! Definitely the best yet!

--------------------
Cosmic Boy...Rokk Krinn...Legionnaire...hero!

From: Legion Outpost | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Plus there's apparently one more mysterious member, as yet unrevealed!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe it is Raven? She has still not be revealed in any of the lineups for OYL has she?
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

No, but it's stated that she quit the Titans after she and Gar broke up. It would seem a bit weird for her to then join Gar's team.

My guess would be that it's a random member of one of the previous Doom Patrol line-ups.

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Guess I need to catch up on my Titans reading. I hadn't see that come up.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
My favorite of other DP characters is Crazy Jane. But I doubt it is her.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmic Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmic Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Cosmic Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it might be someone like Flamebird, if she isn't part of Titans East.

--------------------
Cosmic Boy...Rokk Krinn...Legionnaire...hero!

From: Legion Outpost | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe Raven will start Titans East and they will HQ on the old Titans Island. I see Raven, Argent, Hawk and Dove, Zatara and the guy holding back Aquagirl as members. Off course Raven only started Titans East because Robin told her.
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Click Here For A SpoilerI wonder what happened to Herald in OYL. The latest issue hinted that something happened, and on this cover he has something on his face.

And I wonder why Geoff started something between Gar and Raven if he wasn't planning to do something with them. Unless it was to set up some sort of angst. Seems like a shame to me.

Are the new Doom Patrol getting their own series? I can't remember if I heard for sure.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mhr_kara
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mhr_kara   Author's Homepage   Email mhr_kara         Edit/Delete Post     
it would be so cool if there was a new Doom Patrol series coming....i love that the 'classic' DP lineup is back! [Big Grin]
From: Earth-247 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I couldn't resist the Spoilers-- MAN, I can't believe Mal and Karen didn't rejoin some form of the Titans, but DP is a favorite too.

I'm sure something happened to Mal to "freakify" him for DP membership.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
From what I understand Morrison helped Johns come up with this line-up so the unrevealed member is probably a character he used.

Danny the Street? [Big Grin]

Actually, what Doom Patrollers are even still alive these days?

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Actually, what Doom Patrollers are even still alive these days?

It's hard to tell, given IC, and the new policy that "all versions are in-continuity".
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, just to kinda make heads or tails out of Doom Patrol history:

We'll go on the premise that all Doom Patrol versions exist somehow. Thus, we can iron it out ourselves and see what DC does differently in their version.

We have Doom Patrol version #1, who died and then all came back in Byrne's version, and now still exist. The main problems are (1) the Chief, if he was the evil mastermind (I hope he was!) and (2) Negative Man, and how he connects to Rebus. Also, Beast Boy was introduced here (his continuity is fairly easy to follow) as did Mento. Mento, after a rough career, finally was killed in Deathstroke #50 in the 90's, after becoming an arch-villain.

The 1977 Doom Patrol consisted of [of course] Robotman, Celsius, Tempest and Negative Woman. The Negative Woman connection is problematic in that it relates to Negative Man/Rebus (on a side note, she sure was awesome in the first Crisis). I believe (but am unsure) that Celsius died at some point. Tempest was killed during the later Grant Morrison run.

In the late 1980's/early 1990's Doom Patrol revamp (Kupperberg/Lightle issues) there may have been more Doom Patrollers introduced, but I don't remember much of these stories until Morrison's run beginning #19(I didn't read most of the pre-Morrison). So if there are any missing here, they'd count. Of course, it was during this time that the Chief and Negative Man returned.

Morrison's run introduced Rebus (a Negative Man/Negative Woman concept that I can hardly remember in how it all worked out), Dorothy, Crazy Jane, and Danny the Street. Towards the end of the run, Tempest is killed and the Chief is revealed as the big bad. Following Morrison's run, some of his Doom Patrol were effectively 'written out' of the series, a la, no longer being alive in the DCU. Its hard to explain, but I got the sense that Danny the Street and Crazy Jane no longer existed in a way where they could interact with the Doom Patrol or DCU, and that Cliff (Robotman) was saying goodbye.

Then came Rachel Pollack's run which was too hard for me to follow, so I can't for the life of me tell what happened to (1) Rebus and (2) the Chief, b/c I could have sworn he lived on a disembodied head or something. Personally, I like him as the evil mastermind behind it all. I feel like there were other new members introduced here, but who knows?

At this point (end of Vertigo run) the only living Doom Patrollers are Robotman, Dorothy Spinner, Beast Boy (truly a Titan more than anything) and possibly Rebus/Negative Man/Negative Woman/who knows?/may not exist at all. Unless I'm wrong in that Celsius died earlier or any other Doom Patrollers had survived.

Enter the Arcudi series of the late 90's, and we get (4) new Doom Patrollers Negative Man II/Fast Forward, Kid Slick, Ava and Fever [btw, I definately had to look this up]. Robotman is of course there. Whats important is that at the end of this series, Dorothy Spinner dies and is no more. What I can't recall though is whether these four new Doom Patrollers lived, or even existed after all by the end.

Then John Byrne came in and messed everything up, complete with three new crappy characters and Faith, the latest in a long line of really shitty second rate heroes to have joined the JLA. Not sure if any of them have lived at this point.

So, all in all, I'm not sure if there are really many Doom Patrollers still alive, especially if all versions are in continuity! I guess if certain characters are 'written out' they can be 'written back in' (i.e. Danny the Street or Crazy Jane)...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.