Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Oh Yeah, That Forum: The Titans » The Titans drug issues...let's get real. (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Titans drug issues...let's get real.
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm kinda shallow. Mostly I'm thinking of the Members Only jacket.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
A cleric named WIZARD !!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! [LOL]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I read these issues years after they were published because my father had lots of Perez/Wolfmann Era Teen Titans. I thought the issues were well-written but they didn't effect my life. I mostly know about the drug comic issues in the historical context of censorship in comics.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
[snip]

quote:
Originally posted by Set:

...I was just kinda poking fun at how over-the-top these things were, and, ultimately, kinda self-defeating, since, by exaggerating so badly, they only made their message easier to dismiss.

It wasn't as bad as Jack Chick's anti-D&D tracts, but it was still pretty silly.

Much better art, though. So there's that.

quote:
On the other hand, what ever happened to Protector? ...And how about that costume! Red and purple? Yowza. If you aren't Durlan, you're not pulling that off, buddy!

It doesn't work then, either. We just pretend it does out of misguided affection. (Maybe there were one or two Elfquest characters, once upon a time, who made the red/purple thing work. But I may just be imagining that now thanks to all those drugs I used to take.)

[Razz]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
Dossier on The Protector from the excellent TITANS TOWER website

The Protector was at Donna's wedding? I have missed that all these years! Page # please!

Oh, I lied, it wasn't Donna's wedding!

According to his wikipedia entry (Protector has a wikipedia entry? Boggle.) he did show up at a superhero party that Beast Boy held in Titans Secret Files #2, and in the Infinite Crisis harcover collected edition. (And was listed as a Titan in the DC Who's Who Update '87.)

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by cleome45:
(Maybe there were one or two Elfquest characters, once upon a time, who made the red/purple thing work.)

The Pini's (Richard and Wendy, was it? Been a long time...) get a pass, for their trippy art.
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Even when Roy is telling us not to do drugs .... his constant playing with his cap betrays his craving for CHINA CAT!

-

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Promptly after doing this PSA ...

-

Roy was found in back .....

-

Poor Roy. Don't do drugs kids, don't turn out like Roy.

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I'll give him an older man to look up to. [Smile]

Quit twiddling with that damned cap, and get over here, Roy!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

You could've saved him from ruining his life with drugs.
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
There's so many sexier ways I could have ruined his life!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Set

The insidious China Cat must join the Legion of Super-Villain Pets!
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

I think Roy's kinda a loser for turning to drugs just because Ollie wasn't giving him attention.

Or that was a feeble attempt at sympathy ...

... either way Roy is extremely unstable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.