Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev) (Page 27)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(Listens to Red Arrow's report.)

We can't locate her position, too much magnetic disturbance.

So if that contraption is working right, lead the way, Dev Em.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
"Let's rock and roll, Dev!"

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<before they leave, Lardy appears with Hot Chick>

We're in, as well, guys.

<the first thing the others notice is the haunted look on the Chief's face>

<the second thing they notice is the palpable tension between the Chief and Hot Chick--those two have obviously just had a row, a nasty one by the looks on their faces>

<the third thing is what the Chief is wearing...>

Yes, Officers, I've had a special exo-armor made for me, so that I can now join you all as equals on the front lines. It's been killing me being ineffective in a scrape, and I've never in my life been one to be content to sit behind the scenes while others put their lives on the line.

This armor approximates my old Lard Lad powers and will allow me to lead you the way I should.

We have a chance now to end this pointless feud and bring Cobie's group in. Lethal force is NOT authorized, but I expect you all to fight to win today. Cobalt is my dearest friend in the universe, but I can't have him undermining this Office. Between our core strike force and our backup uniformed support, we should have sufficiently overwhelming force to lay them low.

Let's do this, Officers! Let's show Legion World that their faith in us is well placed! To the Villa!

<fires up armor and flies out>

<the others cheer and follow>

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
<as Lardy flies with grim purpose, his mind can't help but be preoccupied by what unfolded between him and "Hot Chick" before he briefed his Officers>

Gods, my life just got a helluva lot more complicated...

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(A small cloud of glowing smoke swirls into the form of Tempest.)

Chief, this is Tempest. I am at the Office. Sir...there are reports of...by the GODDESS!

--------------------

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev lands outside the Office.

"Anyone in there...we have to come up with something better than running around like..."

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

(Tempest hears, Dev Em, she carries her voice to him, it's obvious that she is panicked.)

Dev, the reports, they're horrible. He is creating an aversion against nature. Sending insects too...the death count is on the rise.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev goes in to find Tempest.

"Where is he...are there any reports of anyone actually seeing The Red Bee?"

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

(Trying to calm herself, but now getting angry.)

No. Nothing! Damn machines are USELESS!!!

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Dev hits the main com-link, "Lardy? Where are you guys? Have you found him yet?"
Tempest
Enchantress

(Tempest looks to Dev Em.)

I was bitch. I'm sorry, things are complicated for me and that tends to be my first response.

I needed to say that.

I'm going to the roof to send out some mystic feelers.

(Heads out.)

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

<lands on roof beside Tempest>

Looks like you're way ahead of me! That's exactly what I wanted you to do....

<scans Omnicom>

Gods...it's terrible! And so hard to trace and fight. I wasn't around when he terrorized Legion World before. I...don't know what to do! Damn--how did they stop him the last time?!?!

<activates comlink> Des, where did you go?!? I need your counsel! <presses another messaging button> Roy, come to the Office! You faced the Bee before, right? Gods, I hope I'm remembering the file, right! Get over here--I need you!!!

<thinks about the Bots> Not sure this is the kind of threat they were made for....they probably wouldn't make a difference, here.

<presses all-call messaging on Omnicom> All uniforms, to the streets! I don't care if your off, on leave or just lost an arm--protect Legion World!!

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Dev flies out of the Office with a swarm of bees behind him. He turns his head and fries thousands with his heat vision. Lardy and Tempest hear a poppong sound as the bees that are hit with the heat vision pop.

"C'mon ya little bastards!" He screams as he flies off leading them away and heading towards the next swarm he can see.

Tempest
Enchantress

(Tempest watches as Dev Em battles the bees.)

Dev won't win, these bees, the are not natural, by any means.

(Tempest floats off the roof, deciding to cover Dev Em. She releases white eldritch blasts, one after another, vaporizing bees, as if they never existed.)

There are too many, Dev, we can't keep this up, we need their master!!

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Dev flies back towards her and grabs her as gently as he can.

"When we get enough of them, encase them in a field that will hold them. A little heat vision to that and we can get rid of more...and yeah, I know it's a drop in the bucket...but until we find the Red Bee...it's all we have. And for what it's worth, I'm sorry too."

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.