Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  42  43  44   
Author Topic: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Welcome, Legion Worlders, to a new era of law enforcement! LWGov has seen fit to appoint me as Cobalt Kid's replacement as Chief of Security, following his recent resignation to pursue other interests.

During my recent term as Leader, Cobalt and I worked very hard to clean up Legion World of all its lingering issues left in the wake of the INVASION!, the Omnia Crisis, the Five Faces of Death and the Crimes of Justin Thyme. Yes, Legion World is now a safer place, largely due to the efforts of the Security Office's departing Chief.

But I have come not to praise Cobalt but to bury his era and pave a brave, new path to making an even safer and more secure Legion World. We still have at least one lingering threat out there, and there are always a handful of others that are on our radar. Our intent is to be more proactive in our approach and to reinvent the Office to make that more possible.

With that in mind I am imposing sweeping changes, effective immediately:

1) The Security Office, as it stood yesterday, is immediately dissolved! All elite Security Officers are hereby relieved of their commissions and all privileges those entailed.

2) I will immediately be taking applications for an undetetermined number of vacancies for the new Security Office's Elite Guard. All former Officers may apply for the Elite Guard as well as anyone else who feels they may offer the skills to assist in making our world more secure. No former Officer is guaranteed an Elite Guard position.

3) The Redshirt Corps will retain their jobs and continue to handle day-to-day security matters during the transition. There will be restructuring among the RC to come, but that is not the current priority.

4) The Security Office building will be looking for a new location. A new outlook demands a new look. We're currently scouting new locations, and I anticipate an announcement before long.

Those are the preliminary changes. Many more are to come, including a new dress code!

I will be taking applications on this thread beginning immediately. A simple post of interest will suffice, and I will get back with you and ask you a few interview questions. Of course, background checks will follow, but spots on your record will not immediately disqualify you.

I hope you will all join me in ushering in what is surely to be a new era of peace and prosperity for our very own Legion World!

[ March 26, 2011, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: Chief Lardy ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Cheese it, it's the Fuzz!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Chief -

Best of luck!

- CK

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CJ Taylor
Schako Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CJ Taylor   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
And here I thought it'd be easier to get away with stuff now that Lardy was in charge.
From: Denver, CO | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
I can solve your real estate needs, my friend!

tell me what you need and where you need it, and I'll hook you up. a personal favor from me to you!

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
and if you're short on staff, I can loan you a few tough guys.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Chief Taylor, congratulations. I have complete confidence in your ability to reorganize the Office of Security. I also realize that your absolutely committed to making Legion World a safer place for all of its citizens.

However, your ability to update the dress code mildly concerns me. I hope that any uniform you choose will either conform to or exceed the level of decorum and dignity we of Legion World have come to expect from our law men.

Again, congratulations.

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

moob windows!!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ram Boy:
However, your ability to update the dress code mildly concerns me. I hope that any uniform you choose will either conform to or exceed the level of decorum and dignity we of Legion World have come to expect from our law men.

Oh Fearless Leader...we'll be seeking to make the dress code reflect this new era so that the citizenry will have the upmost confidence in what will be a new and open era! [Big Grin]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Daisy dukes?

--------------------

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ram Boy:

I called Space-Mart. They're currently out of clown suits.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
moob windows!!!

[Big Grin]

Can I take it that you're interested, Mr. Lash? [Yes]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
quote:
moob windows!!!

[Big Grin]

InDEED!

--------------------

Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Crap. It seems I'll be calling the cemetery soon and making arrangements to bury both Decorum and Dignity.

(please, no funny animal-shaped codpieces at the funeral...they really, really, REALLY would have wanted it that way)

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Chief Taylor:
quote:
moob windows!!!

[Big Grin]

InDEED!
Wow! Lash in the Office of Security? You're IN, my friend!

--------------------

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.