Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev) (Page 42)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44   
Author Topic: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
"Wait a second. I've got nothing to figure out with Lardy, and as far as what happened between you two...it happened."

He moves in between her and the door.

"I know you can be out of here before I finish my next word...but if you've stopped running, then stop running. I've lived with people lying to me for most of my adult life. I have two wonderful children because of a lie. I should have been able to move on with my life years ago...but I didn't because of lies. I'm tired of living lies."

He looks away from her, but does not move.

"Truth. Truth is I do like you...but I have no idea if there was ever any chance for us. Truth, I saw things in the Astral plane that scared the hell out of me, things that I didn't quite comprehend. Things that I don't think people are supposed to see. Truth, I want to help you with whatever it is that is chasing you...and don't pretend that I am talking nonsense, because we both know better. I don't know what is going on yet, but I will find out whether it's from you or through my other sources."

He moves to her, and touches her cheek again, "I don't know why, but I know I can help you with whatever it is."

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
My truth is not for you. It's not for anyone!

You can't help me, I can help myself just fine. Last thing I need is some man acting like my damn protector.

Don't you dare scold me, I don't need another daddy figure.

I meant what I said, I moving out. It's too complicated here.

(Storms out of his office and into her quarters where she immediately starts to pack.)

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Dev stands there for a second, and then follows her to her door.

"I'm not trying to be anything except your friend right now," he says to the closed door.

"You don't seem to even want that...do you, unless it's on your terms and conditions. I'm not playing that game anymore."

"This is probably just going to make you madder at me, but that's okay though, at least it's something...some kind of emotion."

"Call me if you need me...I'll be ther for you, because that's what frinds do for each other..."

"You can't run away from your problems forever..."

He shakes his head, sighs, turns and leaves, going back to his paperwork, but really accomplishing nothing for the rest of the day.

[ March 28, 2011, 05:16 AM: Message edited by: Dev Em ]

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Question Lad awoke to the sound of his Susanoo 300. Apparently there was some sort of economic crisis in the Republic of Raltvee. As a Nasgerian he couldn't help snickering because Raltvee was their main rival. The stock market was in good shape so far today, and he decided to buy and sell a few of his personal stock. He saw that there had been some mining discoveries in Nasger. King Manuel wanted him to fund an expeditian to El Dorado, and so Sebastian did. I personally think El Dorado is a happy fantasy, but I have no desire to be garotted to death. Choices like this is the reason I don't want to go home.

He put away his Susanoo 3000 and got ready for the day. Question Lad went through his Omni-Com during breakfast, adding the people on the bottom of the list to the new security features. He tried to add Tempest but got a message saying she no longer existed. Was she fired or did she quit?

He began walking into Dev-Em's office to pick up more forms.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Dev heard the door open and lifted his head from his desk...where he had fallen asleep (some might argue that he passed out).

"Hey Question Lad, anything I can do for you today?"

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
"Well, we did get something about the budget today from our government. The good news is our budget will continue to increase, the bad news is that some of our items will be barred. Mostly things related to the constructon of man-killer robots," He said. Question Lad handed him a small blue folder.

"And there's a memo from the mayors of Charltonburg, Britonopolis, etc. apparently there's been a huge increase in crime since the Red Bee incident," He said. He handed him a red piece of paper signed by these officials.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

"Thanks," he says as he takes the paper.

He glances over it and shakes his head.

"My faith in humanity grows with every day around here. Just one more storm to try and figure out. You think things are heading one way, and then they turn around completely."

He looks up and sees that he is loosing Question Lad. "I'll send some people over there. Hopefully a little presence will go a long way to derail that trend."

He looks at the clock, and says, "Time to go fly around a bit."

Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
(Walks out of her now former room, she has completely cleared out all her things.)

Was never an officer here anyways, shouldn't be here, it is a business.

(Looks at Dev's office as she walks. She walks up to the closed door, she puts her hand on it.)

You think you can just make me all better, don't you? Poor sap.

(Leaves.)

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Question Lad spent the rest of the day doing various busy work. He finished up for the evening and decided to head to Charltonburg for a little while. Apparently there was a traffic jam on the O'Neil Highway, so he decided to take the subway.

He took out his personal phone and checked the stock market.I have to sell short a few of these in the morning, he thought sadly. "Next stop Charltonburg," The speakers said in a monotone voice.

Just then five young men entered the subway car, each one carrying a weapon. One of them said, he could have been no older than thirteen, "Give us all your cell phones and jewelry and nobody gets hurt."

This was a rather bold move as the subway kept moving up the track and was becoming parallel with the highway. Sebastian knew stopping the train there would trap everyone on board. His eyes were diverted by the pistol in the boys' hands.

He handed the boys the Susanoo 3000. "Why?" Question Lad asked.

"This is not personal. We have to eat and pay the rent just like you," The oldest one says. "Now hand me the other one."

Question Lad pressed the emergency button on his Omni-Com and threw it to the boy. The thirteen year old said, "Don't make any moves like that! Or we will shoot."

"Do you realize where you are? You have at least eighty witnesses. You are going to get caught, unless are you prepared to kill all of us?" Question Lad said.

He chose that moment to show his identification, "Including an off-duty Security Council officer?"

The boys looked at each other, and the youngest decided to throw his gun at Question Lad. He checked, and sure enough it was unloaded. Question Lad felt the train grind to a halt, as the doors opened and the Charltonburg Police took over.

One police officer said, "Thanks for the help. It's nice to know you Feds are getting in here. We were beginning to think we were alone."

"No problem," Question Lad said, happy everyone was safe and had their property back. I think I will take the bus back to headquarters.

[ March 28, 2011, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Dev arrives back at the Office and gets back to work.

"I think I need more diversions like that."

Arcane-Lad
Master of the Arcane

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arcane-Lad   Email Arcane-Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Misterya was a odd world. It was filled with wild magic, chaos and order were bed fellows that never woke up. In this world the strong survived by beating the weak into submission.

Arcane-Lad was son of one of the strong. He watched his father rule their fiefdom with an iron fist and a steel rod. He strives to live his life as far away from that as possible.

His hope is that the Legion can help him learn and perhaps someday return to Misterya and put the wrong things right.

The firs step is to knock on Dev's door...

From: Lewiston, ID | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Dev flis in and lays Elle in his quarters so she can sleep off her night of partying.

He heads back to his office and sees someone standing outside the door, getting ready to knock.

"Can I help you?" He asks.

Arcane-Lad
Master of the Arcane

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arcane-Lad   Email Arcane-Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Arcane Lad looked around with a start, "I didn't know there were other magic welders around here?"

Dev smiled, "Maybe, maybe not. Last i checked though the powers of observation weren't magic. You were gonna knock on my door. So again I ask, how can I help you?"

Ahem "yes I wanted to know if I could be part of the Legion."

"Ok, why?"

Blink..."Why what?"

Dev rolled his eyes, "Why do you want to be part of the Legion?"

"Well I want to learn more about myself. I want to use my magic for good, I want to-"

Dev interrupted, "I! I! I! Enough about what you want. What can you do for the Legion?"

"My name's Arcane Lad."

"No, that's what you want to be called," Dev interrupted, "What'd your real name?"

Dev stepped in front of him and opened the door, he motioned to a chair.

"My name is Rufus Sigmore. I come from a long line of Magus lords on the planet Misterya. I've watched so may people destroyed under the boot of magic abusers. Those people need help! They need someone to stand up for them! They need-"

"Stop." Dev commanded.

They were sitting across from each other now. Rufus had worked himself up into a tizzy and was on the edge of his seat.

Dev watched him for a moment and smiled, "That's the kind of passion I wanted to see! Arcane Lad is it?"

Dev jotted something down.

"Alright then, Arcane Lad it is. Now. let me take you on a tour."

From: Lewiston, ID | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Dev starts to lead Arcane-Lad out of his office, but suddenly stops.

"Wait. Let me apologize for the way I just acted...I wasn't feeling myself."

He motions for Arcane-Lad to sit back down.

"I've been through a bit lately, and have had some bizarre experiences. Some of which have to do with a friend who uses magic...it's a little complicated, but you're magic must have thrown me off a bit...I usually don't act like that."

Dev get's back up, "Now let's start that tour."

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Question Lad was in the technology center of the Security Office. There was an odd little error message that was preventing the installation of the fire alarms, and apparently that's all Red Arrow had to say before she went off to catch some super-powered bank robbers.

He had just hacked his way to solution when Dev-Em and a mysterious fellow entered the room.

--------------------

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  39  40  41  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.