Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev) (Page 43)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44   
Author Topic: The Office of Security (out with the Lardy, in with the Dev)
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
"Question Lad, this is Arcane-Lad. He wants to join the Security Office."

He waits while they exchange greetings.

"Do you think you have a little time to show him around?"

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
"Yes, I have the time. There's not much going on except your birthday party in a few hours. Red Arrow's making you a cake after she returns from dealing with bank robbers," Question Lad pauses because at that exact moment "Robbin' Banks" ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biCA5w17fF8 ) begins to play on the office speakers. He shakes his head and gestures for another officer to take his place and change the music.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arcane-Lad
Master of the Arcane

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arcane-Lad   Email Arcane-Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
"Birthday? Well I feel badly, I didn't bring you a present! Here, allow me..." Arcane-Lad stood quietly for a moment as he gathered his will and energy. With a small flourish he made a gesture with his hand and above the Security Office building the words "HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEV!" appeared in the sky in luminous lettering where they would remain the rest of the day.

"Hopefully that's to your satisfaction."

From: Lewiston, ID | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
"Thanks Arcane-Lad."

"I have some things I need to aattend to, I leave you in th ecapeable hands of Question Lad here."

Dev walks off and enters his quarters.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Question Lad debates in his mind where to show him, what is extremely classfied and what was not. He decides to show Arcane-Lad the the gymnasium next. Question Lad decides to make small talk with Arcane-Lad.

He asks, "So how have you been since the Red Bee attack?"

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Dev leaves his room shortly with Elle.

"I need to get her home to clean up and then to work. See you both later."

They leave.

Arcane-Lad
Master of the Arcane

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arcane-Lad   Email Arcane-Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Arcane-Lad scratched his head, "Yea but the wha? I'm sorry but I don't know anything about Red Bees, I know yellow bees. I've never been off world form Misterya before, I've only seen the oppression of my people by my own father. I honestly worry that my father will try to bring me back by force."
From: Lewiston, ID | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

I wish I could say the same, Question Lad thought.I was ready to die, but instead I became mad or so they say. But I do know about oppressive governments. My sister was beaten in public by one. He replied, "The Red Bee was a super-villain we fought and defeated."

He turned the corner and showed him the Hall of Heroes, where statues of deceased members lined the small shrine. Pictures and flowers were common, but the most were for Sir Roy who died in that attack.

"Legion World isn't exactly a utopia either. But I come from a planet were the government is very unstable so this very nice to me. Of course it can always be better, but that's what we are here for," Question Lad said. He felt he would have alot in common with Arcane-Lad.

--------------------

Arcane-Lad
Master of the Arcane

"Let me ask you this Question Lad. And I know this will sound weird but I'd like to get to know some girls as well around here. I would like to know more about the opposite gender, I've spent my life surrounded by male tutors and friends. Women in my world are made to be like servants and usually don't speak their mind."
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Question Lad paused, trying to think of the right way to phrase this. I really don't want to scare this new person. It's not easy to say I absorb powers, skills, and memories by touch.

"I don't think I am the right--"

At that moment Red Arrow entered the room with a flower for Sir Roy's grave. She turned to Question Lad. Red Arrow said, "You did remember the catering right?"

Question Lad said, "I ordered from Bullseyes' Inn two hours ago. They should be here any minute now."

"That's awesome but the oven is broke. I think the bees might have messed something up," Red Arrow said.

"I will fix it right away. You can finish up the tour with Arcane-Lad," He said. Question Lad added for the guest, "See you soon." He then turned and walked to the kitchen.

Red Arrow said, "I am Red Arrow. I am pleased to meet you." She looked around at the statues and sighed. Question Lad can be such a downer,she thought. "How about I show you around the pool and garden?"

--------------------

Arcane-Lad
Master of the Arcane

Arcane-Lad watched Question Lad leave, A kindred spirit perhaps? Too soon to tell but I do like something about the man...

He turned to Red Arrow and realized that he was alone with her for the moment and felt fire in his cheeks. "Uh...hi. I'm- I'm Arcane-Lad?"

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Red Arrow said, "You seem familiar. Have we met before?" She searches in her memories. He looked a little bit like someone she met a long time ago, but there was no way this was the same person. The two of them walked to the pool area, Red Arrow waving to the familar staffworker Jose Jimenez.

"Do you like swimming?" She asked Arcane-Lad.

--------------------

Arcane-Lad
Master of the Arcane

It's impossible...He thought. The moment she mentioned swimming he was dragged back in time to one summer. He couldn't have been older than six and there was the pond by Mt. Littleton and the beautiful girl by the pier.

"I actually love swimming. I was very young and this girl helped me learn not to fear diving in, it was years ago now. I never forgot that kindness about her.. Do you swim?"

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Red Arrow thought back to all those hours swimming "training. You really couldn't dislike "extracuriculars" if you were a legacy in the super-hero business. Alot of that was overseen by Grandma Rachel who was Red Arrow at one time.

She said, "I love swimming." He seems nice but I'm on duty "After I'm off duty want to go take a swim?"

[ April 02, 2011, 06:15 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------

Arcane-Lad
Master of the Arcane

Arcane -Lad beamed and said, "Definitely, that would be fantastic! What time are you off? I suppose I can go to the library or something until then to learn more about the Legion history."
  This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.