Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » the all-KENT SHAKESPEARE thread! (Page 52)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55   
Author Topic: the all-KENT SHAKESPEARE thread!
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Have fun MEL, and say hi to Mothra for me!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't been keeping up the all-monkey action but here's a series of pics from Tokyo.

PART 1:
First up, a woman had an ACTUAL monkey here in this toy store. I'd have offered to eat it, but I didn't know the Japanese word for monkey...
 -

I loved the illuminated nights. This was an smallish street near a big street. Crazy bright!
 -

These cosplayers were being mobbed like celebrities but I dunno who they were...
 -

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

[Love]

I don't know what a cosplayer is, but I LIKE [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Cosplayers are anime/manga fans that do the whole costume thing.

I don't know who they're supposed to be either.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
More MegaTokyo-a-go-go!

This neat market by Tokyo's largest shrine:
 -

This is the street scene in Akihabara, the technology/video game/manga/teenage neighborhood:
 -

Me in the Fish Market which didn't have that much fish cause we went late:
 -

Really cool melon soda. I liked the contrast of red and green:
 -

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
The streets really look crowded. Is it always that packed with people?

Great scarf!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

How is it at night MEL? I've heard its mind-blowing awesome to see Tokyo at night with all of the lights, etc.
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Fantastic pictures, MEL. Feel free to post any night pics you have.

Someday, I hope to get there myself.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Looks awesomoe MEL!!!
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Thanks guys! I totally recommend Tokyo as a cool mega city to visit. Here's the last scenic batch:
 -
 -
 -
 -

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Wondercon was this weekend and in addition to all the cool Legion sketches , I got this AMAZING Jim Lee piece!
Click for fullsize image

Spider-Ham versus(?) Matter-Eater Lad!
Click for fullsize image

Met & chatted for a bit with writers Brian K. Vaughn and Michael Chabon which was way cool. Saw lots of con friends and surprisingly old coworkers and school friends. Are comics are hip!?!

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Holy Crap! That Havok pic by Lee is kick-ass!
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Looks like I'm gonna get one of those full time job things again! School's almost done and I've interviewed for full time stuff in advertising. It'll be cool and scary to be working again but I think I'm ready for it this time.

From Wizard World LA, I got Eric Canete (background artist from Legion cartoon) to do Wiccan and Hulkling from Young Avengers for me! I was actually hinting at wanting Legion characters but then he said he drew Legion all day for work so I didn't want to make him draw more.
Click for fullsize image

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
nice! thanks for sharing!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I **love** that Tenzil/Spider-Ham drawing! Kuh-YUUUTE!!!!

So, I was thinking in keeping with tradition that it may be time to move this thread on to a new primary poster.

My first thought was Outdoor Miner, but then I saw that he already has the thread we've all been waiting for!

Then I thought that Cobalt Kid could stand to use some more exposure here.

Then I thought it might be kewl to turn the thread over to the last person that posted on it...

so welcome to the all-KENT SHAKESPEARE thread!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.