Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » the all-KENT SHAKESPEARE thread! (Page 54)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55   
Author Topic: the all-KENT SHAKESPEARE thread!
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Darden, it wasn't that appealing to me at first (that, and it's green!), but it really is something, when done right.

Mine came out okay. Not great, but okay. I had some jalapeno torilla chips with part of it, and I used some to make turkey/guacamole sandwiches. yum.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
can also make (sorta) avacado ice cream by combining avacado, juice of half a lemon, half and half, and sugar together and freezing the whole thing. what's next on "Cooking With Kent"?
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

well, I had more success in making my very first-ever batch of salsa cruda! only a handful of ingredients (tomato, onion, pepper, cilantro, lime, salt & pepper and a little bit of water) and no cooking, so hard to go wrong.

I also made a batch of tuna macaroni salad using mom's super-secret recipe. It's the best damn tuna mac you'll ever had, so feel underprivileged that you missed out.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I've been making a lot of cold dishes!

Italian bean salad was the latest (red and white kidney beans, well rinsed, with minced garlic, chopped onion, a splash of olive oil, a dose or lemon juice, salt and pepper).

Making gazpacho tonight.

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I paid for a storage unit yesterday. It's going ot be home to all my stuff for the next seven months.

Tuesday will be my last day of my summer job... and not a moment too soon. I was ready to quit last night - and I never quit jobs.

Then I finish packing, clean the apartment, and go down to mom's for a week and a half.

In July, I go to Edmonton for 6-7 weeks.

Then it's back to Plattsburgh for a week to work during orientation week for international students. After that, I have a week to kill and on Labor Day weekend it's off to Newfoundland for a semester!

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
You'll have to let me know when you arrive in Edmonton so we can arrange a meet-up!
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

I'm arriving on the evening of Friday, July 6.
Space Ranger
Private Dick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Space Ranger   Email Space Ranger         Edit/Delete Post     
Could we be blessed by a six month long internet outage in Canada?

I can dream...

--------------------
Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)

From: The Back Office in Abin's Fixit Shop. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oooh secret mac salad?! That has to make an appearance at the Legionworld meetup next year!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

If we have a kitchen in San D (hi, Gary!) I'll have to make some, MEL. But I doubt it would fare well after 6+ hours on a plane.
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

...speaking of being on planes 6+ hours, I have arrived safely in Edmonton.
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
[Bump]

It's been a while! I wonder what Kent's been doing these last few months...

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

being lazy and tired; trying to keep up with classwork.
I've done a bit of sketching; if I ever get another laptop I'll scan them and post them. Well, some of them.

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Some sketches (in case anyone missed them:)

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000884;p=1

...I revisited this thread looking to see if I'd posted my pineapple salsa recipe, because it came out different this time and other than not having cilantro I can't figure out why. But it's not here! [Frown]

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
It's still the all-Kent Shakespeare thread! Older, wiser... now with chipotle!

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 55 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.