Legion World
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Mission Monitor Board » Another Person Below Me (Page 95)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  ...  132  133  134   
Author Topic: Another Person Below Me
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Several times, but only in the background behind newscasters, coming out of my workplace when cameras were there, etc. Oh, and once I got to do one of those two-second "What do you think of blah blah blah" with some hard-haired interviewer wandering up and down the downtown bus mall.

Angry Public Blames Media

Who's Your Favorite TV Character ?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
It's hard to focus on just one character because part of what defines a character to me is his or her relationship to other characters. With that in mind, one of my favorite TV characters is Hawkeye Pierce from M*A*S*H. He was quick-witted, funny, irreverent, and juvenile, but he was also a caring doctor, true friend, and confidant to everyone.

Alda Potter Burns Margaret,

Same Question?

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Charles Ingalls. I don't imagine that I'm the only one out their with "father issues," so it was always a nice to see a father who had both the time and the drive to impart his children with caring wisdom. And, damn... that guy could cry!

Almonzo, Pa, (Dr.) Baker, Ma,

Same Question

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arm Fall Off Boy
Now starring in his own DC Comic, September 2011!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arm Fall Off Boy   Email Arm Fall Off Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Andy Taylor. Common sense, humor, decency, etc. Barney Fife is a close second.

Andy Proves Bravery Matters,

Same question.

--------------------
Long Live all them Legions!

From: North Carolina | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I'll say Samantha Stephens. She was smart and always tried to think her way out of a problem, but when she had to teeka teeka tee she would. [Big Grin]

Adam Proved Bewitched's Mortality*:
Same question

*This refers to Adam's birth being a possible "Jump the Shark" moment. I know he was actually a warlock.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Emma Peel. Beautiful, capable, heroic. Perhaps she has become enhanced through the mists of time. I wanted to be like her, but somehow it didn't turn out that way.

APBM,

When you're on an airplane, do you pay attention to the attendants giving the safety review?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
Shhh... the pretty lady is talking.

I fly so infrequently, that I do watch and listen as they go over the safety instructions.

Aviation Propeller Balloon Mig,

Do you like puzzles, and if so, which is your favorite?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Word-find puzzles are still associated in my mind with lazy, happy childhood summers down the shore. (Just seeing a book of them on sale at the airport makes me imagine sand in my shoes and gulls crying. Nowadays I really only do puzzles on long trips, and that's likely to be the one I reach for first. In a pinch, I will do crosswords, which I absolutely stink at.)

Airport Palaver Blows Minds

Omnivore ? Vegetarian ? Vegan ? Which type of restaurant are we going to when you come over to visit ?

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, my wife is vegan so, within my house, that pretty much makes me vegan as well. Left to my own devices, however, my own diet is a little less stringent. As a general rule, I don't like to eat any animal that wouldn't, if given the chance, eat me.

A Post-Mortem Bedeviling Mystery,

You've died... from your perspective, what happens next?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
I join the life force of the universe and finally understand what it's all about, even Grant Morrison comics.

Anondyne Potions Becalm Misery,

Have you ever been in a situation where you seriously thought you might die?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Several, mostly as an auto passenger, and once when I almost drove into a (small) tornado (it was at night). I think I handle fairly well in the moment of crisis, and postpone any panic until after the fact.

Across'da Potomac Becaus'a Masses,

Same Q.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
No, never thought I would die. I did fall asleep while driving once and hit the guard rail. Darn anti-histamines! (I only take non-drowsy decongestants now)

Astro Pluto Bandit Muttley,

What was your favorite cartoon when you were a kid?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
hmmm...so many good cartoons back then.
I dunno probably "Smurfs"

APBM

What was you favorite movie as a child?

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That would be the original Star Wars trilogy, hands down. Loved them to death and all the hours playing with the toys. Loved the creatures to from the wampa to Jabba to the Rancor.

APBM,

What movie or TV character did you want to grow up to be?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Little Joe Cartwright because he had the coolest big brother (Hoss) and he always got the girl.

APBM

Rather stand with a million people to see Times Square New Years Eve, Presidential Igno..ingog..swearing in, or your favorite band/singer in concert (and why?)

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 134 pages: 1  2  3  ...  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  ...  132  133  134   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.