Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Spaceopoly » Survivor: Marzal (Page 70)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 71 pages: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70  71   
Author Topic: Survivor: Marzal
Floating Foxlike Creature
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floating Foxlike Creature           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by LardLad:
Honestly, I wasn't at all sure I would win. Going by juror comments, I knew there was an anti-Foxy sentiment among some of them, but I felt that my responses may have sabotaged that sentiment by showing them all that I was at least as duplicitous as they viewed Foxy to be.

I also didn't really try to talk myself up in my responses. I didn't claim to be a better player than Foxy and even implied the opposite!

I'm not sure why 4 of 7 chose me over him! I'd certainly like to hear from any jurors as to how they decided to vote! (Particularly, I'm curious which of us tickled Quis's fancy more and won his!)

I was pretty sure I wouldn't win. In fact, I'm surprised and happy that I even got 3 votes. To whomever voted for me, thank you.

I wasn't really expecting my responses or closing statement to make much of a difference. In fact, after reading the jury's questions/comments, I was sure that more than one jury member would never cast a vote for me, even if they actually believed that I played the better game or was more deserving from an objective perspective.

quote:
If there's a Season Two, I'm just letting you know that I won't be participating. Not because I didn't enjoy the game, far from it! But: a) There's not much to play for a second time and b) I'm pretty sure players would be wary of me as a threat on a second go-round!

Now, if there's an LW version of the Amazing Race..... [Big Grin]

Same for me on both counts. I achieved everything I set out to do in this game -- make a strong alliance early on; not get voted off first; make the jury; make the merge; participate in every single challenge; and, finally, make the final 2. Winning the copy of Adventure #247 would have been nice, but I was just as happy to see my friend and alliance-mate win it.

The fact is, whether or not I won the grand prize, I considered myself a winner as soon as the last immunity challenge ended: I had the chance to fully participate in this terrific game all the way until the very end, and, more importantly, I had the chance to get to know a fellow LWer better and, in the process, make a true friend.

And I'd definitely consider participating in a LW Amazing Race!

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Floating Foxlike Creature:
I had the chance to ... make a true friend.

You're talking about Jeff Proty, right? [Wink]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

All right guys, that about wraps it up. Feel free to use the rest of the thread for comments and such... I'm out.

Thanks again, everyone, and Lardy, don't forget to PM me your details for shipment.

-

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
quote:
Originally posted by Floating Foxlike Creature:
I had the chance to ... make a true friend.

You're talking about Jeff Proty, right? [Wink]
While I'm sure Foxy likes Jeff, I know me and Foxy have gotten to know each other very well through this process. We were acquaintances before the game, but thru PM and AIM, we got to learn a lot about each other's lives, found we had a similar sense of humor and really gelled as friends and teammates.

I think I speak for both of us when I say that even if neither of us had made the Final Two, the bond we built over these weeks would've been reward enough. [Yes]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Floating Foxlike Creature
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Floating Foxlike Creature           Edit/Delete Post     
Speaking of Jeff Proty, I hope he enjoyed all my behind-the-scenes confessionals... I sure did. [Smile]

As a die-hard fan of the TV show who'll probably never be on the show, it really was a thrill to participate in challenges and tribal councils that were crafted to be so similar to the real thing.

I know I've said this before, but I think this game was a tremendous contribution to the culture and life of the Legion World boards. I hope the "viewing audience" enjoyed it as much as the players did.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
 -

Look! It's NASCAR's Jeff Gordon!

[Wink]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, what a great game!

Ex, what can I say? You did another superb job. I believe I may have 'appeared' in more of your games than anybody else, and I have enjoyed it every single time. Thanks for all of the time and the massive amount of effort you put into this. It is very much appreciated.

Congrats Lardy, for the win! I've never watched an episode of Survivor, but I knew somewhat how the game was played, and you played it well.

Former N'Hura mates, I salute you. We were a great team! Thank you all for everything, it meant so much. Lone Wolf, I'm not sure what happened, but I wish the best for you. I'm sorry I couldn't say something at the time.

Fantastic game, everybody! This was just as much fun to 'watch' as it was to play!

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

quote:
Look! It's NASCAR's Jeff Gordon!

OK, so... true story:

In "real life" I'm an IT consultant and, at my former company, I had to travel a great deal (I've recently been in the process of obtaining a new job... one of the luxuries of which was a great deal of free time to hang around online running a certain game).

Anyway, about two years ago I found myself on an assignment in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. While there, I happened to stop at a convenience store which happened to have a life size cardboard "point of purchase" display of Jeff Gordon for some contest or something.

Now, I'm not a NASCAR fan, and I had never even heard of Jeff Gordon, so as I came around the corner and came face to face with the display, I nearly fell over! What the f*%$!?!?! Why is there this huge cardboard cutout of me in a jumpsuit in the middle of the Midwest?

Seriously, the resemblance was so uncanny that I thought I had shifted into the Twilight Zone or something. So, as I'm standing there, reading this thing to find out what is going on, this woman, mouth completely agape, starts to approach me. "Oh, my God!" she says, "Jeff Gordon! Can I have an autograph?" As though she thought this Gordon character was traveling the country personally inspecting all of his advertisements.

I had to explain to her (at first she didn't even believe me) that I wasn't him and, in fact, had no idea who he even was.

So, beware... all of us have doppelgangers, and someday you might come face to face with your own!

--------------------

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome game Ex, fun to both play and watch. I never took part in as many challenges as I would have liked, but real life interfered at times...Anyways, if you ever run another game, even if there is no prize, you can count me in, my schedule is much freer now.

And congrats to Lardy!!!

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm actually a little surprised that some people seem to have gotten hurt feelings or felt betrayed or what have you. Didn't we all know that that would be part of how this game would be played? I guess not. I mean, maybe this game should be called CONNIVER? [Wink]

I'll forever live with the knowledge that I was so intimidating that I had to be expelled as soon as possible! BWah ha hahahahahaha!!!! I wonder if I was actually just too annoying?

Oh well.

It was good entertainment, but I don't think I'll play again. I love that we were able to use Marzal's "unstable temporal shifts" as an excuse to not have a level playing field. That would be my main complaint... it's practically impossible to ensure that everyone who wants to play can be on the board all at the same time.

I do congratulate our final 2. It required a lot of tenacity to win this thing, so congrats to Lardlad.

Great job, Exnihil! You crafted this really well.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

A look behind the scenes:

Actually, Dean, you were targeted so early for 2 reasons: a) we suspected you were in an alliance with Novelty (we couldn't take him out because we suspected he had the immunity idol), and, especially, b) Davey shared with Foxy and me your PM to him about forming an alliance to take him all the way to the Final Two.

We really were going to vote Gamara out (and had, in fact, PMed Ex that vote) originally before you sent that PM! That PM set our alarms off, so Foxy and I PMed Ex our desire to change our vote to you; Davey hadn't voted up until that point and submitted his for you after we changed ours. So the PM sent to Davey was ultimately your undoing.

Anyhow, it's nice to know you harbour no bitterness towards us for it. (hopefully, you still won't after reading this) Like I said, the three of us were in it to win it from the get-go, and we saw you as a big threat early on!

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Hah! I wonder what would have happened if Davey had aligned with me instead of you two? We'll never know now. I was not aligned with Nov, though the pms were flying! I would have liked to play more. I was having a great time.

No, no bitterness from me. I do hope everyone who feels stung gets better. It was just a game-- here on LW. One million dollars are not at stake.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
Ex,
Isn't it about time for a sequel? Or, weren't you considering a version of "The Amazing Race?"

Davey Fairplay [Razz] [Big Grin] [Cool] [LOL] [Yes]

I wouldn't necessarily participate, but I'd love to watch.

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Hey, Davey! Long time no see.

I don't think there will be a sequel to Survivor (messy sex-scandal with Jeff Proty... made all the holo-tabloids) but, yeah, I think an Amazing Race might be in the cards, though probably not until next year.

For the time being, I am wrapping up the fourth season of LEGIOPARDY over on the DC boards. I think that will be the last time I run that game, as well; it's just run out of steam.

So, yeah, keep your eyes peeled in 2010 for something fun.

--------------------

Language Arts Dave
searching...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Language Arts Dave   Email Language Arts Dave         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! I was just kidding, but GREAT!

I haven't been around much. About a month after we wrapped up the game I went into the hospital with pneumonia. Complications arose, there was a coma for a while. I spent three months in the hospital, and I was out of the habit after all that. I lurk every few weeks or so, but I'm not as regular as I once was.

I'll be watching.
Dave

--------------------
All you need is Love (and a whole big bucket of Money).

From: Lost in the Ozone Again | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 71 pages: 1  2  3  ...  67  68  69  70  71   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.