Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Well it does.

Tonight's ep focused on Green Arrow and his doubts about joining the League.

Through circumstance, he ends up along for the ride when Green Lantern, Capt. Atom and Supergirl are dispatched to deal with a crisis.

By the end, he has saved the day, but is still unsure about joining the League-- until he spots Black Canary (in original fishnets outfit, YES!!!) in the locker room.

TONS of 2nd and 3rd tier characters around-- this is going to RULE!

I was especially impressed with Supergirl this episode.

This may very well end up being THE DC 'TOON of fall time and is at least a decade overdue.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I was sorry they didn't start off with a multi-parter. After all the anticipation it's too bad we didn't get to see more of the new recruits.

I thought Green Arrow and Capt Atom sounded a bit young, but they looked pretty good (though I would've preferred if they gave Capt Atom blue boots). Interesting to see them give Capt Atom the "Wildfire" treatment, making him energy in a containment suit rather than a metallic "shell". But of course the good capt does what he does best (get himself blown to a million bits [Wink] ).

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

Nice to see a few other cameos that hadn't been released (yes, KP - Zatanna's there too in the fishnet outfit) like Steel,Orion, Crimson Avenger, Vibe and the other Steel (JLA Detroit).

One guy I didn't recognize was blonde guy with the shoulder holster talking to Supergirl. Who's he??

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

That was NEMESIS from the Suicide Squad!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I was pretty disappointed by Capt Atom's portrayal here, actually, but I realize for the storyline's sake it had to be Ollie that got the rods inserted...

I LOVED Supergirl, though.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Whoa. The League is now THAT large?

Now if only they would get Hawkgirl to rejoin!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

It's bigger than you'd ever imagine, IB!

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

We saw the characters already mentioned, plus the regular JL cast, plus off the top of my head I can remember seeing:

Ice, Gypsy, Waverider, Stargirl & STRIPE, Red Tornado, Dr. Fate, Vixen, Vibe, Atom Smasher, The Question and I can't even remember who all else!

It was HEAVEN, I tells ya!

--------------------

DrakeB3004

This is the list I compiled for the other JLU thread (plus ones added since seeing the ep):
- Hawk & Dove
- Green Arrow
- The Atom
- Atom Smasher
- Wave Rider
- Rocket Red
- Booster Gold
- Fire
- Ice
- Dr Light
- Obsidian
- Elongated Man
- Supergirl
- Captain Atom
- Sand
- Hourman
- Blue Devil
- Johhny Thunder and his T-Bolt
- Wildcat
- Vixen
- B'Wana Beast
- Aztek
- The Question
- Crimson Fox
- Mr. Terrific (current)
- Red Tornado
- Vigilante (the Cowboy guy)
- Huntress
- Aquaman
- Dr Fate
- Metamorpho
- The Demon
- Star and S.T.R.I.P.E.S
- Gypsy
- Vibe
- Steel (JLA Detriot)
- Steel
- Crimson Avenger
- Nemesis (thanks Lash)
- Orion
- Black Canary
- Zatanna
- Starman? (red/yellow outfit)

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
E-gads! And they said a Legion cartoon would be confusing with "so many characters." [Wink]

I plan on checking a few episodes out for some personal favorite characters (Zatanna! Black Canary! Huntress!), though for the most part I'll probably be a parital watcher as not everyone on the roster grabs me yet.

Makes you wonder what the kids or solely fans of the JL cartoon are thinking about this new show/season if they've never read the comic books before. It has to be somewhat of a shock, going from seven to seventy. One's confusion though is another's reward for years and years of reading though! [Big Grin]

Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
That was NEMESIS from the Suicide Squad!

That cameo appearance was one of my favorite bits in the ep.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Ice, Gypsy, Waverider, Stargirl & STRIPE, Red Tornado, Dr. Fate, Vixen, Vibe, Atom Smasher, The Question and I can't even remember who all else!

It was HEAVEN, I tells ya!

I, for one, am looking forward to the action figure line that will result from this.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
What network is this on? Sounds like it could be fun to watch (if I remember [Frown] )

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Cartoon Network. It was on at 8:30 PM on the east coast. Don't know if it'll stick to that time, but it's a safe bet. It'll probably be rerun at other times as well.

--------------------

Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, I'll have to remember next week

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.