Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
No, my answer wasnt right either...it suddenly dawned on me that Marvel had allowed several of their characters (Thor, Captain America, Sub-Mariner, etc) to be used in a cartoon format way back in 1966 (i think).

The unique animation in each feature reminded me of how the production staff must have "cut-and-paste" scenes/stories adapted from the actual comics themselves. I hope that's what you were thinking of, mate

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
maybe maybe could be like that one. when will you get to watch JLU episodes?
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
I get Cartoon Network on cable on Australian TV, the Unlimited spin-off is still running the first season (after Hawkgirl's expulsion, that is)

But i havent had much info about it except through surfing at the TV Tome website - thats a cool place to look up stuff on live-action super-heroics as well as the animated counterpart. Have you heard of it, dude?

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, it was basically just cut and paste pics from the comic book over a bit of background animation. I'm pretty sure that was Joe Kubert artwork for the Viking Prince sequences.

Too bad they didn't animate it like they did for those old Marvel cartoons. That was really horrible animation (the old Marvel 'toons) but it was really Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko stuff they did it to. Wierd but cool at the same time.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Superboy and myself were just chatting about it, Yellow Kid...That Marvel Super-Heroes cartoon show was terrible in a way, but at least the stories were taken directly from the comics themselves (more or less)...
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
LAM - you have to wait for another year for JLU's 3rd season? But anyway, the 2nd season of JLU gets better and better! Vixen kicks a big time butt there.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Superboy, I dunno what Foxtel (the local cable network) are going to do with their cartoon programming, i expect we Aussies will catch up in (as you just said) another couple of years...

BTW does Vixen look the same as she did when she was a member of the Detroit branch of the JLA or has her look and costume been redesigned?

superboymddjr
Quiet member

redesigned.....hmmm looks like Gina Torres and her hair is short and nice....her costume is the same with some little additions....like token, bracelets.
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Gina Torres - didn't she play Cleopatra in an episode of "Xena, Warrior Princess" once?
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
My comments on the new eps:

The 1st one: The Gamara cameo was funny as was the Supergirl Convention. I liked that both Stargirl and STRIPE played big parts. I'm glad Countney seemed to get along better with Kara at the end. Good to see Silver Banshee.

The 2nd one: The whole plotline with the Viking Prince was keen. It was nice seeing Giganta, and Killer Frost again. I liked how Diana and Martian Manhunters interactions. I wish Mr Terrific had a bigger part then Ollie. I'm disappointed that it seems that MM seems to have left the Justice League at the moment. I hope that doesn't last to long. I'm guessing it might lead into a standalone ep with him in his dectective persona.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Just a reminder everyone that new eps start again tonight in the US.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

I saw the ad!! I know I spotted Supergirl in the new outfit but just barely. Now I gotta go back and rewind so I can watch everything and pause the juicy parts!

[Big Grin]

Sweet!

Can anyone drop the list of the rest of the episodes here in the thread?

edit:

Whoa!
Yeah!

..Kara, Brainiac AND Bouncing Boy are all in a scene in the commercial!

:swoon:

[ February 11, 2006, 08:23 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Episode #32 - Dead Reckoning
Original Airdate - February 18th, 2006

The ghost of a circus performer convinces Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman to help him retrieve the stolen souls of a mystic order of Monks.

Episode #33 - Patriot Act
Original Airdate - February 25th, 2006

When an out of control super soldier threatens Metropolis, Green Arrow leads seven non-powered Justice Leaguers, including Crimson Avenger and Shining Knight, in a battle they can’t hope to win.

Episode #34 - The Great Brain Robbery
Original Airdate - March 4th, 2006

A mystical accident leads to Lex Luthor and the Flash’s minds being swapped into each other’s bodies.

Episode #35 - Grudge Match
Original Airdate - March 11th, 2006

Roulette starts Metabrawl (“Cat and Canary”) again, this time with an all-female fight card made up of Justice Leaguers.

Episode #36 - Far From Home
Original Airdate - March 18th, 2006

Supergirl, Green Lantern and Green Arrow travel into the future where they meet the Legion of Super Heroes and their enemies The Fatal Five.

Episode #37 - Ancient History
Original Airdate - March 25th, 2006

The Shadow Thief returns and so does Hawkman as more mysteries from “Shadow of the Hawk” are explored.

Episode #38 - Alive (Part 1)
Original Airdate - April 1st, 2006

In a knock-down drag out battle on Earth and in space, the power moving behind the scenes of the villains is revealed leading to the most unexpected team-up in Justice League history.

Episode #39 - Destroyer (Part 2)
Original Airdate - April 8th, 2006 - Series Finale

In a knock-down drag out battle on Earth and in space, the power moving behind the scenes of the villains is revealed leading to the most unexpected team-up in Justice League history.

Airdates assume a straight run through of the remaining episodes like they've done in Europe.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe it's because I'm not much of a Flash fan or maybe because it's been so long since a new ep, I was underwhelmed with the latest. Good to see Orion, but he didn't seem quite himself.

I liked the scene with Trickster in the bar though - it really highlighted the world of Flash and his rogues and how it's much different from Batman and Orion's worlds.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Mark Hammil's voice for the Trickster was pretty cool. I was amused by the nod to the old Flash live action show [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.