Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS (Page 11)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS
wamu2
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wamu2           Edit/Delete Post     
I just started this show. I am hooked. I enjoy the way the stories are informed by stuff from the comics, but adds it's on touch. well done. well done.

my only complaint: when do they rerun episodes? I have not found a repeat listed anywhere.

From: chicago, IL | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I wish the JLA comic was more like the JLU cartoon. I've always felt that the Big 7 worked better when working with an assortment of characters, like in the old satellite era. It led to a more interesting variety of stories, too. You could have the MAJOR CRISIS arc for 2 or 3 issues, then have the League take on smaller threats. With just the Big 7, the creators feel the need to throw only Universe Shattering events at them, which I think in some ways limits them.

I would love to see JLA be comprised of all of their former members, even if the Big 7 are the core members. That way, you can mix and match and draw characters from the team's history.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by wamu2:
I just started this show. I am hooked. I enjoy the way the stories are informed by stuff from the comics, but adds it's on touch. well done. well done.

my only complaint: when do they rerun episodes? I have not found a repeat listed anywhere.

Unofortunately I'm not sure if CN is rerunning the show right now. For a while they were showing it M-Th nights but they aren't now. They also used to replay the Sat Night episodes on Sunday afternoon but that may have ended also.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
My buddy Ben got me the triple pack of Green Arrow, Dr. Fate, and Flash toys! Weee....
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
"Blind Date"
-- GREAT episode! Totally pays off the anticipation. Simone does a great job with these characters. We all know she can do a good Huntress and great banter -- turns out she writes a good Ollie and interesting Question as well. she needs to throw these guys in a "BoP" arc.
-- The scene with Mandragora (is he a DC character?), GA and Canary was funny, had good characterization and even turns out to be an important plot point (he was goading the heroes so they'd get thrown out for when he made his escape).
-- I'm liking this "Mulder" version of the Question more and more. Definitely in line with the Question from the recent mini despite some major differences (conspiracy nut vs. urban shaman). As a big Question fan, I love that he was always one step ahead. That "You wouldn't believe me if I told you" line was a perfect response.
-- One gripe was the use of the JLU teleporter in the train tunnel. It's a bit of a bad precedent to set. Why wouldn't any Leaguer just call out to J'onn for a 'port out anytime they were in trouble? And why were they dropped off in the middle of the air over the river? Why the "sideshift" rather than beaming up to the Watchtower? (although I liked the little detail of the water running off Ollie's hat when he put it back on)
-- Was that a "Star Wars" reference between Huntress and "Q" in the tunnel? It took me a few minutes to get it.

[ June 05, 2005, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't think it was a Star Trek reference in the tunnel when Huntress called The Question "Q."

I just took "Q" to be a "nickname"?

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beagz
5 of 9

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beagz   Email Beagz         Edit/Delete Post     
ALTHOUGH ........
John De Lancie showed up on Batman last week, and then on JLU last night ..... so who knows??????
[Big Grin]

--------------------
You can never quit believiing in your dreams ... or yourself.
-----
You GOTTA listen to Levi Kreis.

From: Aggieland | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
even the Hitman got his name mentioned in that show! That episode best! gets better and better...can't wait next week - spotlights on Vixen, I think.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by Beagz:
I don't think it was a Star Trek reference in the tunnel when Huntress called The Question "Q."

I didn't mean that "Q" was a reference to "Star Trek". I meant the "Train!", "I see it" part being a reference to "Star Wars" - isn't there a Han/Leia sequence like that?
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't think that had anything to do with Star Wars... even if Han and Leia had an "exchange" like that... it's not nearly as signature a thing as "I've got a bad feeling about this" has become.

But then again... it's open to interpretation.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Are you taling about the asteriod scene from Empire?

Great show by the way. Enjoyed every minute of it.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Metal \m/
Um, active?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Metal \m/   Email Kid Metal \m/         Edit/Delete Post     
The 'Question Authority' and 'Flashpoint' eps coming up really deepen the series' background. Gettin' pretty serious for a 'kiddie' show, but not at all in a bad way.

When the heck are the first two JL seasons getting collected on DVD?

--------------------
I used to get high on life, but I built up a tolerance.

From: Kansas City | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
-- The scene with Mandragora (is he a DC character?)

I believe so. But his look here reminded me of another DC gangster, Tobias Whale.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knowjack
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for knowjack           Edit/Delete Post     
Man, "Double Date" was freaking awesome. Gail Simone==Genius!

I want my Huntress/Canary/Arrow/Question JLU figure set!

From: Memphis, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004

quote:
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
-- The scene with Mandragora (is he a DC character?)

I believe so. But his look here reminded me of another DC gangster, Tobias Whale.
I read that he was initially supposed to be Whale, but TPTB made them change it for some reason.
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.