Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS (Page 15)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Calybos:
The spear of Longinus IS the spear of destiny. Longinus was the name of the Roman soldier who wielded it.

in the old Justice Society books didn't Hitler use the Spear along wiht the holy grail to keep all the Super powered hero's from invading Europe if they tried to "take him out"?
maybe the Legion of Doom will use the spear along with other mystical artifacts to keep the League at bay.

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Yup. That's how it went down.

Which is why I shouted, "The Spear of Destiny!" from the kitchen Saturday night like the A.S.S and JSA fanboy that I am....

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stratum
Booster Club President

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stratum           Edit/Delete Post     
Last season. She came back from hiding out in Dr. Fate's tower to put down a Solomon Grundy driven mad by an excess of Chaos-magic...a story they never quite wrapped up, IMO.

Technically, she was never voted out. The original members had voted to keep her in, she was the one who ran away. She never knew their vote until the episode I mentioned above though.

Jamie

From: Wood River, IL | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Remember two more new eps on tonight!

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Darn it! I missed the first 10 minutes of the Warlord episode! Will someone summarize how the Leagures ended up in Skartaris? And was mention made of Supergirl's new uniform?

LOVED the second episode!

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

It was great enough seeing Giganta, Heat Wave, Mr. Terrific (with lines this time), Star Sapphire, etc.-- but that section when Gorilla Grodd told the story of the VIKING PRINCE was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love how they used what looked like original art from the comics for the story!

Though the end of the episode made perfect dramatic sense, I secretly (well, not so secretly any more) wanted the Viking Prince to be found alive within that block of ice and to join the JLU. Ah, well- that'd be too much like Captain America, anyway.

DC really needs to release a Viking Prince tpb or ARCHIVE. I remember reading a stray reprint here and there back in the days of the GIANTS and 100 PAGE SPECTACULARS. Now, I'd like to read his whole story.

I liked the parallels between Prince Jon and J'onn J'onzz. I half-expected him to adopt a human guise that looked like the Viking Prince in modern-day dress, but I'm kinda glad he stuck with good ol' John Jones.

Wonder Woman's becoming the mother hen of the group, isn't she? With Hawkgirl, Black Canary and Huntress playing more of the spitfires, that makes sense.

Is Devil Ray a villain that appears in the comics? How about the ice chick? Was that Killer Frost in a new uniform using brand new powers? Or was she someone else?

[ September 24, 2005, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Mystery Lad ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Darn it! I missed the first 10 minutes of the Warlord episode! Will someone summarize how the Leagures ended up in Skartaris? And was mention made of Supergirl's new uniform?

The first ten minutes were a hoot! The JLU members were in Japan fighting a not too thinly veiled version of Gamera (the big flying turtle). Supergirl was the last one on the scene because she was actually already in town for a Supergirl convention. There was no mention of her getting a new outfit, but her intro was a nice long pan up her body so we could drink it in. The Japanese fangirls that show up later were all dressed like her in her old outfit. One of them even berates Star Girl for talking smack about Kara.

The team flies above the North Pole to get back to the Metro Tower (I think that's what it's called), when they're snagged by some energy field and sucked into a big gaping hole in the ground, taking them to Skartaris.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
The best part though was in the second episode -- three words:
WONDER WOMAN SPINS!! [Big Grin]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, DrakeB! A Supergirl convention... hee-hee! Fighting a giant turtle in Japan... fun.

It was cool seeing WW spin-- but the Viking Prince segment really blew me away.

[ September 24, 2005, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: Mystery Lad ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't answer all your questions but the episode started with a fight where Supergirl was the heroine of the day (she showed up at the very last second and more or less was handed the victory that Stargirl worked her butt off for). For some reason John insisted that Supergirl fly the jet over the North Pole (he claimed it was the shortest route - but to where wasn't all that clear) and they were caught in some kind of energy field that drew them into the entrance to Skartarus. The jet crashed and they wound up fighting a bunch of dinosaurs. The Warlord ended the battle with a few rounds from that magnum he carries.

No mention was made of the new outfit for Supergirl though and I even wondered if she's supposed to be the same Supergirl from the previous season. I loved the second one as well. King Faraday was a real surprise as was the Secret Society of Supervillians and yes it DID look like the Viking Prince art was clipped from the comics didn't it?

Both episodes were fun to watch, I really lilked them. Weren't the two episodes on last night (@ 1 am new ones from last week? If so then Solomon Grundy is back and it was awfully cool seeing Star Sapphire...but it made me wonder about Hal Jordan...

I always watch the credits to get some clues about upcoming episodes and did it look like the Flash was drawn into the time strean during one of those clips to you? I know the Legion is supposed to appear this season and it made me wonder if that's how it's going to happen.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

-heh- I should type faster. [Big Grin]
From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Thanks, YK! I feel like I've got the picture between your summary and DrakeB's.

I didn't see the episodes that aired last night. Last *week*, there was one with Flash, Hawkgirl and Fire encountering some supervillains on Blackhawk Island-- with the last of the Blackhawks aiding them.

The villains made away with the Spear of Destiny, though-- if I remember correctly.

The second episode was Hawkgirl meeting Carter Hall, who has styled himself as Hawkman after using the absorbacon (sp?). They, along with Batman, fought the Shadow Thief. From your description, it doesn't sound like the shows you saw match these.

It looked like Flash was sliding around on some kind of blue wave. It could've been in the time stream, sure. There was a female with him, but I didn't catch who it was.

I *did* spy lots of Rogues-- Mirror Master, Trickster, Captain Boomerang, and The Top.

Yk
between boots

OOoo..I'm going to have to go back to the tape and watch the last few seconds of the episode again Once I get a better look at that clip, I'll try to clear that up.

edit: Nope, my bad. That was Flash dodging bolts of light from some kind of disco ball or something. Then Mirror Master is depicted in the next few scenes and we also saw Capt.Boomerang and (I think)The Trickster just before that. So it looks liks the nest one has bad guys made up from Flash's Rogues Gallery as the primary antagonists.

[ September 24, 2005, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

Mystery Lad
Advisor

Phooey- I just checked the Cartoon Network website and there's no episodes of JLU listed for Saturday, October 1.

I thought maybe they'd rerun the four we've seen over the last two weeks again before airing new ones.

Guess not. Why doesn't this series get at least some of the play that TEEN TITANS does? I don't get it.

Has anyone heard when new episodes will resume airing?

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
loved the first part of Teen Titans - the Doom Patrol's appearance, the Brain and Monsier Mallah...can't wait to see the 2nd part of the episode next week.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
ah...nice to see mastiche, Mara, Shikira, and Mariah alongside Warlord and Jennifer Morgan.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.