Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
It was a pretty good episode although I could have done without GA. The only version of that character I even remotely liked is his son Conner. I loved seeing Kara In-Ze again, I missed her. I would have liked if more time was spent on Captain Atom. I don't care much for GL's new look it looks to similar to his Justice Lord alternate. The foe of the episode was someone I'd never thought I'd see animated.

I can't wait to see the rest of the season!

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Between this ep and the just released finale of "Another Nail", looks like the little archer that could is having "the best week ever!" [Wink]
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm sorry I missed this! It sounds like it's going to rock all season!

Any idea when the reruns will be airing?

And the toy line will definately be cool...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Are they going to stick with the same regular characters, as they've done with JLA, or are they going to vary the roster?

With so many cameos, its hard to believe most would never see action. If they did, it would set the stage for a Legion cartoon.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
If JL UNLIMITED is as big a hit as it deserves to be, I predict a LEGION cartoon within 5 years.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

There pretty much having different rosters per episode unless it's a two-parter. I heard that Supergirl & GA while be in at least one more ep this season.

The already reran the 1st episode today so I'm guessing it will at least shown for the 1st time each Saturday & repeated on Sunday.

--------------------
ActorLad

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by ActorLad:
There pretty much having different rosters per episode unless it's a two-parter. I heard that Supergirl & GA while be in at least one more ep this season.

The already reran the 1st episode today so I'm guessing it will at least shown for the 1st time each Saturday & repeated on Sunday.

I hope they rotate the roster. From the opening credits, it seems as if Supergirl is going to be highly featured.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I believe that I heard that Supergirl and Green Arrow were going to be prominently featured, but I could be mistaken about that.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

I also heard that small section of the credits change per episode for each different lineup. So next week the part that showed Supergirl, Captain Atom & GA will be different.

--------------------
ActorLad

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I did think it was kinda cool that the Watchtower was bigger now, and had a support staff.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought the episode was pretty flat and extraordinarily predictable. The only saving graces of the episode were the big cast scenes (I could have sworn I saw the backside of Isis) and the cameo at the end and the incentive it provided.

Other than that, I questioned Batman's conversation with Green Arrow. I just don't see Batman as a recruiter for the League. The writers definitely missed that one. They missed alot of little physics details too. Normally I don't mind this as it is comic book heroes after all, but there were just so many of them that they kept shocking me out of the episode.

I tell you what, if it wasn't for how well the cameo appearance at the end worked, I might not have watched another episode of the show for at least another week.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Seems to me that Batman and Green Arrow have pretty much the same mindset about the type of crime that they fight. Who better than Batman, then, to show Green Arrow the benefits of working alongside the League?

--------------------

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
While I haven't seen many eps of the first Justice League cartoon one thing bothered me about this new approach. I HATE mixing computer generated scenes with regular animation. The shots of the Javelin and the Watchtower, to me, were just awful.

I don't recall the previous JL cartoon mixing the computer generated images in like that. I hope it is very limited or not used at all in future episodes or I may just give this series a pass.

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I hate to tell you, but apparently all the animation of the Watchtower and Javelin this year are CGI. It seems like a bit of a mish mash to me too.

I thought the ep itself was pretty good, though I was semi-delirious with exhaustion. (We were up late at the matlock house decorating our daughter's birthday cake.) They were able to sketch the characters with just enough personality to get by. Captain Atom getting split open was kind of a neat reference to Kingdom Come, though I was glad he didn't get bumped off and it seemed like they were borrowing a little from Wildfire with him too. Most bizarre cameo had to be Vibe. I mean, Vibe?!?

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm. I thought the animation was faboo. Is it CGI that makes it possible to have this JLU 'toon (and eventually, a LEGION 'toon)?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.