Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Batgirl (Barbara Gordon)
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
At the end of the last arc of Birds of Prey, it was heavily implied that Babs got use of her legs back. It won't be an instantaneous sort of thing, of course, but the set up is there.

So, the walking is not so much an issue. As for the rest of it... all I can say is that I really like Cassandra and Barbara both for their uniqueness as characters.

Barbara as Oracle is unparalleled in the DCU. She is it. Period. End of story. She's not perfect or infallable (like Dream Girl's visions [Wink] ) but she does have a very distinct and useful role.

Cassandra Cain as Batgirl, to me at least, brought something new to a title I'd once laughed at. And the way she sees the world, how she communicates, it totally blows me away. Both work so well as is, I don't see the need to change things.

But, then, I also really love Cassandra period. And I've never really been a fan of Babs (excepting BoP), so I admit I'm more than a little bit biased. I just hate to see things moving backwards... ><

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm fine with her walking again, though I fear the reset button is going to be hit on this one, which is only going to annoy fans who want her out of the wheelchair. But I'd rather she not be Batgirl. She does better work as Oracle.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
I vote that Batwoman be resurrected - that Batman and Robin team looks way too suspect - it may take a woman's touch to dispel those ugly rumours...
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
I am getting used to the idea. But I still prefer her as Oracle.

Still if she comes back it has to be different IMO. An updated costume possibly.

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Bah! Why can't she be both Batwoman AND Oracle? I'm 100% for anything that reverses the horrors done to Babs in THE KILLING JOKE.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Bah! Why can't she be both Batwoman AND Oracle? I'm 100% for anything that reverses the horrors done to Babs in THE KILLING JOKE.

i dunno, lash... while i find what was done to Babs horrible (and yet another major strike on Gail Simone's 'women in refrigerators' website checklist), i am tired of creators bringing characters back just for the sake of nostalgiac fans OR for the needs of toy manufacturing (or other liscencing)

IF gail continues to pull Babs back into a more active field role (whether as Batwoman or -- brrr-- Bat GIRL) in the manner she has been, i'm all for it

IF babs de-ages to teenager again to become Batgirl, then i'm against it ...

UNLESS they're bringing back multiple earths and Babs is still Batgirl on one of the others... (I do miss ye olde Earth-2, et al)

i still like Cassandra a lot

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I had a to let out a cheer at the final page of BoP # 85!

The rest of it rocked, too!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
I vote that Batwoman be resurrected - that Batman and Robin team looks way too suspect - it may take a woman's touch to dispel those ugly rumours...

Yeah, where's Aunt Harriet when you need her? I think I'd rather have her as Batwoman than Barbara.

Well, okay. After 10 seconds of reflection, maybe not.

[ September 14, 2005, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: SouthtownKid ]

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh, now THAT's begging for a photo manip... Aunt Harriet as Batwoman?! [ROTFLMAO]

Where's MEL when we need 'im?! [LOL]

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:

Who said they were rumors?

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, who knows went on behind those closed portals in the Batcave, Quis... [Wink]
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
What is wrong with DC???
i just started picking this up again recently (after a year off) and this most recent issue - while promising excitement in the cover - just plain SUCKED.
i think the whole issue could have been covered in a two page spread
i hate feeling ripped off by a comic

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
I know there's been talk about the wind-back in the reboot threads, but I felt it was worth bumping this from one of the times they merely threatened this.

As for me, well, this earlier post still sums it up for me:
quote:
Originally posted by Reboot:
*sigh*

Great. Another step back for DC...

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:

I am still very much on this page.

--------------------

Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, the reason she can't be Batwoman is pretty obvious. Plus, it's a different patch for the same wound.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.