Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by matlock:
Most bizarre cameo had to be Vibe. I mean, Vibe?!?

As lame as he was, his appearance made sense since they were showing various incarnations of the League - Vixen, Gypsy and Steel from JLA Detriot were also there and they also threw in most of the JLI lineup with Fire & Ice, Blue & Gold, Crimson Fox, Metamorpho and Rocket Red.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
Seems to me that Batman and Green Arrow have pretty much the same mindset about the type of crime that they fight. Who better than Batman, then, to show Green Arrow the benefits of working alongside the League?

I thought about this a little bit, and I'm still not seeing it. Maybe I'm missing something from a few shows that I've missed (For the record Starcrossed is about the only one I haven't seen and/or taped; I was on vacation at the time and just missed it).

Batman rejected initial membership in the League and then insulted them pretty well with a condescending, "Call me when you need me, and you will need me" line.

I'd think Batman would respect GA's need to be a loner and dealing with the types of crimes and criminals that he deals with. Whether or not Batman feels some type of kinship with Green Arrow would be irrelevant to the Batman I know. It's not like he's trying to get Nightwing to join.

"If you need help, you know where to find us. And don't even think about shooting someone with that bow and arrow, or I'll come looking for you." That's more in line with what Batman would have said to Green Arrow, not the "come fight the big monsters with us" line that we got. Anybody else saying that line but Batman and it works. It was just too far out of character.

[ August 03, 2004, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: minesurfer ]

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
Well the newest episode was an adaption of Alan Moore's "For the Man that has Everything". I've never read the story but I thought it was a pretty good episode. Just like last week, I have a feeling that this would have been much better as an hour. I read a summary of the basis afterwards & FYI don't expect to see the flaws to Kal's "greatest desire" in this ep.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
I napped through Sat's episode and forgot aout the rerun Sunday!

Who was featured?

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
It featured Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, fighting a big villain.

Seems that the opening sequence featured clips from that episode, which is why we saw so much of Supergirl in that episode's opening sequence.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman? Justice League Unlimited my hairy arse!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
The villain was Mongul, a big yellow space-dictator type. He was featured on JL before in a story in which Superman was forced into being some kind of gladiator. In the comics I mostly remember him as the b-villain in the "rebirth of Superman" stories.

The ep. itself was okay, not spectacular but not bad, though I guess if I had read the original story I might have had more of a reaction. I think I'm already hooked on the "guest stars" thing - seeing just the big three left me sort of restless.

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
As someone who read the original story, I was bored. Been there read that. The only different was that Robin (Jason Todd) was in the comic book version. They could have had him in the episode as well.

I was disappointed that there wasn't any other heroes.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, after watching some of the Superfriends marathon last weekend on Boomerang, it was kinda cool seeing a wWonder Woman that could actually fight like a powerhouse [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

I liked seeing the ol' invisible plane too. I can't remember if it's appeared on Justice League before.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I'm dumbfounded that they chose to focus on the BIG 3 in the **second** episode of JLU.

Way to disappoint the fans of the UNLIMITED aspect of JLU, DC.

I'm glad I missed it.

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
It was ok, but yeah, I also missed seeing some guest stars (at least this early on). I can understand them wanting to do a "Big 3" story since they hadn't done one, but I prefer stories that somehow show their differences/similarities and uses that to explore what makes them tick. Seeing them beat on Mongul wasn't as interesting.

Nice to "see" Dana Delaney return as Kal's wife, which was a nice nod to Lois.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I get the feeling that this last episode was a leftover from last season. Something that was half in the can before they even started working on JLU. Why else would you focus on just the old timers this early in the series?

I'm looking forward to seeing a bit of the larger team in action, especially the Booster Gold episode that's coming up in a couple of weeks. He was one of my favorite characters when I first started reading comics years ago. It'll be fun to see their take on him.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
BTW, no Blue Beetle in the big group shot in the first episode? What's up with THAT?!?

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

quote:
Originally posted by Loser Lad:
BTW, no Blue Beetle in the big group shot in the first episode? What's up with THAT?!?

It's some kind of rights issue. Beetle won't be available for the series at all which is a bummer.
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.