Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That SUCKS! I didn't really think rights would be a problem since Captain Atom and the Question (other Charlatan-derived characters) are there.

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Just d/led & watched FtMWHE. And I have to say, I liked this a hellavalot better than the comic version. This one, you can believe that Supes wouldn't want to leave "Krypton" behind. Plus Bats watching Chill get hit again... and again... and again is much more an expression of who he is than some nebulous fantasy with him and a wife & kids (If there's one JLAer who would rule the Earth with an iron fist, it's Batman). And, after the beating she gets in both versions, better WW gets to stop Mongol than Todd.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Loser Lad:
(other Charlatan-derived characters)

Freudian slip? [Smile]

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Loser Lad:
That SUCKS! I didn't really think rights would be a problem since Captain Atom and the Question (other Charlatan-derived characters) are there.

I wonder if it has to do with the fact that the Blue Beetle, unlike the other Charltan characters, was originally owned by Fox, and then purchased by Charltan.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
That could be it.

The Blue Beetle has appeared in other media already, if memory serves, and could have his rights tied up. Even though Charlton created their own version of the character, that might not matter.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Did anyone catch last night's episode?

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

spoilers

It was the 'big three' plus Green Lantern with what amounted to an extended cameo by The Demon.

The villains were Morgan LeFay and, mostly, her son, Mordred.

This would've been a good Halloween episode, IMO. Morgan's frozen face/mask was creepy in that there was no movement at all whenever she spoke.

The Demon as a cute l'il fire-belching baby was cute... and the last shot of him in WW's arms was fun.

But I was disappointed by the lack of any of the multitudes of heroes we were teased with a couple of weeks ago.

Todd

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, they definitely don't seem to be as "unlimited" as I thought they were gonna be...

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yep. Three episodes, a total of 3 "new" heroes shown in action, and all of those were in the first episode. Kind of a disappointing start to the series.

What I don't get is why this episode aired this week. This is listed on Cartoon Network's site as episode 5. Episode 3 was supposed to have been a Hawk & Dove feature. Me am confused.

Episode 4, which I can only assume should air next week, is supposed to feature Supergirl, who already got a turn in the first episode. Where are all of the other heroes this series was supposed to feature? Bring on the new guys!!!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I thought this was a good one & really liked how Diana seemed to be the leader. John's optimism and creative use of his ring was a nice change of pace from his "Drill Sargent" persona. Baby Etrigan was so adorable.

[ August 16, 2004, 05:04 AM: Message edited by: ActorLad ]

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
Gotta say this was one of my favorite episodes so far. I smiled and giggled along side my wife for the entire episode.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
Yeah, they definitely don't seem to be as "unlimited" as I thought they were gonna be...

I agree. From the title of the episode "Child's Play", I was hoping that we'd see Supergirl, Star Spangled Kid (or whatever her name is), & Hawk & Dove. Maybe a cameo of Zatanna providing them with instructions from Limbo.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rokk steady
Magically Delicious

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rokk steady   Email rokk steady         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I was disappointed in the kids ep, for the same reason everyone else was... we just had the big three in the last episode, and now we have the big three plus one, with a pointless cameo by the demon? Justice League Downsized, is more like it.

--------------------
Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!

From: City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Nah, I loved this eposide. Thought it was funny and entertaining. Loved baby demon and loved that big three acted liked kids. Kinda reminded of Peter David's Sins of Youth story arc.

It was probably some cartoon network exec thinking that we want to see more of the big three.

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
I just read over at comicscontinuum.com that Hawk & Dove will be voiced by Fred Savage and Jason Hervey. To top that, Savage will be Hawk and Hervey will be Dove.

It'd be nice if Steve Ditko gets a "created by" credit or for the Question's upcoming appearance.

[ August 19, 2004, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: matlock ]

From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
I liked that we got to see more of Diana's backstory. Hawk & Dove were ok. I'll add more once I see it again.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.