Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS (Page 5)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: JL UNLIMITED KICKS TOTAL FREAKIN' ASS
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
The Hawk and Dove episode was ok. Maybe I would've liked it more if I had more feeling for these characters. The solution was telegraphed a mile away, so that was no surprise. I thought if they were going to go that way, it could've been a bit more inspiring though I understand that they didn't want to give it a totally happy ending either.

The exchange between Wonder Woman and Hephaestus was interesting though.

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ActorLad
Un-Famous

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ActorLad           Edit/Delete Post     
This new ep has to be seen to be believed. It has Batman singing, Circe turning WW into a pig, Zatanna, Bwana Beast, Red Tornado, Elogated Man, & a character that might be the Crimson Avenger.

All in all, a very unique ep. In a good way that is.

--------------------
ActorLad

Friendly Neighborhood Performer

Visit my official hangout ActorLad's Cool Luau over at the Mission Monitor Board!

From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved this one! It could've been written by Lashie & EDE!

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
He Who Wanders
Light on my feet.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for He Who Wanders   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The WW as a pig episode was bizarre, but fun.

For the first time, the character of Zatanna worked for me, since I didn't have to stop and read her spells backwards.

--------------------
The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that

From: The Stasis Zone | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by ActorLad:
This new ep has to be seen to be believed. It has Batman singing, Circe turning WW into a pig, Zatanna, Bwana Beast, Red Tornado, Elogated Man, & a character that might be the Crimson Avenger.

All in all, a very unique ep. In a good way that is.

Now THIS sounds more unlimited. I'll try to catch the rerun of this today.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who Wanders:
For the first time, the character of Zatanna worked for me, since I didn't have to stop and read her spells backwards.

There was even some in-joke dialogue about how one spell worked better forwards.

This wasn't a classic, but it had some classic moments, particularly at the end.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm a bit surprised that I haven't heard more criticism of an episode centered on two of the big three again. I don't really have a problem with whom the story is about as long as it's written well. I liked this one. The singing was enough to make me smile.

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
minesurfer
Member Standing Proudly

Icon 1 posted      Profile for minesurfer   Email minesurfer         Edit/Delete Post     
And another thing... I'd really like to see where they take the Wonder Woman and Batman relationship dynamic. I've got a feeling that they aren't going to visit these characters again at any length, anytime soon, but the writers have a pretty good Sam and Diane (from Cheers) situation set up that could provide alot of interesting moments.

[ August 29, 2004, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: minesurfer ]

--------------------
Something Filthy!

From: NOVA by way of NOIN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it was supposed to be the Phantom Stranger. There was an Elongated Man cameo and the woman he met with might have been Jessie Quick (?) and don't forget Bwana Beast!

Great scene with Zatanna where BB's scoping her out. (hey man, she wears a tux and fishnets, we're not supposed to look?)

plus
Circe - "A deal's a deal, tell him he can stop now."
Zatanna - "Not on your life."

Then Diana humming the song in the closing scene. Priceless.

Bwah ha ha ha - I'm really liking JLA Unlimited

[ August 30, 2004, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
This episode cracked me up!

B'wana beast swinging around that lamppost... ogling Zatanna... "Have you seen this pig?"...
CIRCE!!! If she was this entertaining in the comic books, she'd be right up there with the Joker and Luthor as frequent, meaningful villainess.

Medusa and her Hades County Blues... "Hippolyta, Hippolyta, Hippolyta... that's all I ever heard," (paraphrasing)...

...Circe singing (had me gigglin' as soon as they showed the stage-- wanting to show up her sisters, the Sirens!) BATMAN SINGING!!! And it FIT!

Weird and wacky... though I'm not crazy about a Batman/Wonder Woman romance, that's a small complaint.

I *do* wonder if nonDCU fans and kids would 'get' it.

Todd

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
I think it was supposed to be the Phantom Stranger.

I'd have to disagree. It definitely resembles the original costume the Crimson Avenger wore. It's an odd choice for the show, to be sure.

--------------------

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
BATMAN SINGING!!! And it FIT!

I loved that.

The only way it could have been better would be to have Circe invite Bats' Rogues Gallery to watch.

--------------------

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
I haven't been thrilled with the last two episodes -- first they get turned into kids, then WW into a pig? It's very silver age, which can be ok, but like I said, didn't thrill me. Batman singing was ok, but it shoulda been a showtune - something really humiliating for him, if they were going to go that way.

I also think that guy was the Crimson Avenger.

The new little into's and outro's for the commercial breaks were also really uninteresting (and were also based on last year's design (GL) and lineup (Hawkgirl)).

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
The Crimson Avenger hadn't occured to me before reading this thread. Interesting.
...and the Phantom Stranger would have been wholly inappropriate.

Anybody catch the new one yesterday? I was out on a family thing so I missed it last evening.

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I just finished watching it. It featured Supergirl, Green Arrow and the Question. Pretty good episode. The Question was hilarious!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.