Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » the ALL-Let's Choose a Comic for EDE to Start Reading thread! (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: the ALL-Let's Choose a Comic for EDE to Start Reading thread!
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
aww man the softcover's not available yet ! I'll have to wait
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
You're both going to be like: "wow, if Marvel always did Daredevil in such a cool way, I'd have been reading it for the last 20 years!"
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
That's exactly what I'm thinking !
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
So I read the first trade!

Definitely some solid super-heroing going on here! Interested enough to check out more, at least!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
^ I knew you'd enjoy it! As I said, it's much better than a lot of what is being published by either DC or Marvel.

So I've been thinking about other comics to recommend EDE, and it's kind of a cool process because I know Eryk will buy single issues digitally. So I started to think, which single issue stories of the last few years would be good recommendations?

- Certainly the first and second issue of the brand new Lone Ranger series by Dynamite. These are fantastic done in one stories that could easily be feature length films. Excellent stuff.

- One of the coolest pirate stories I've ever read was in Elephantmen #7 by Image. It features an anthropomorphic Hippo as the Captain, so that should clue you in that its very fairy tale-esque; but its quite frankly a pretty brillaint story with some heavy subject matter.

- Avenging Spider-Man #5 was a pretty great one issue story featuring Spider-Man and Captain America but I'm not sure how great it would be to someone who doesn't already love those characters. So that gets a recommendation but slightly less strong than the others. Likewise, FF #17 features one of the best 'two heroes as roomates' / 'night out on the town' story I've read in a long time featuring Spider-Man and the Human Torch. Both of these issues are more personal than action-driven but they are both pretty fantastic.

As for ongoing series or mini-series that I think Eryk will really love, he's already checking out two brillaint ones in Peter Panzerfaust and Danger Club. One brand spanking new one that I know he'll enjoy is Resident Alien by Dark Horse, which only has the first #0 issue out (collecting three back-up stories that kicked it off).

Saga and Fatale, of course are the amazing new series by Image. Each one having the potential to be the new flagship series of their respective genre in comics (sci-fi and noir).

There was a four issue series that I loved a few years ago called Four Eyes, about a boy in the depression who gains a pet dragon. In this depression, you see, illegal dragon fighting is a major spectacle and run by gangsters.

So there are a few more recommendations!

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

btw I just devoured the latest MORNING GLORIES trade (#3) ... fantastic.
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Also, I flipped through Danger Club #3 today at the comic store ... I really enjoyed it but decided to wait for the trade as it seemed really in the middle of things. can't wait.
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Fatale book two is off to an even better start than book one!
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.