Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities » the ALL-Let's Choose a Comic for EDE to Start Reading thread! (Page 3)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: the ALL-Let's Choose a Comic for EDE to Start Reading thread!
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
You may have sold me on tracking down GH:Y1. Is it a period piece?
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, it's set in the 30s (plus flashbacks).
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Getting it then. Wagner writing a period piece is awesome!
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
You're going to flip out over Zorro. Honestly, it basically restored my faith in comic books about iconic characters after I just about had given up on them.

And for Zorro, the artwork adds incredible layers to the story-telling as well.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

Yeah, I read the first volume of Zorro, but I it was late at night and I was still kind of under the Green Hornet buzz, so I want to read it again along with volume 2!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Scored the first trade of GH:YZ tonight.
Eryk Davis Ester

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Scored the first trade of GH:YZ tonight.

Hope you enjoy!
Eryk Davis Ester

UPDATE: I've read the first three issues of Chew. Liking it better with each successive issue!
Dev - Em
KIA

Thing is...it keeps getting better.
The Flying Fool
Eager Young Space Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Flying Fool   Email The Flying Fool         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked Zorro, but then again I like anything by Matt Wagner.

But seriously, what is the big deal with the Walking Dead? I've never really liked zombies all that much to begin with, but between this title, it's TV show, and Marvel's near-obsession with them, I'm REALLY starting to hate zombies.

--------------------
Space travel is engineering, time travel is magic.

From: The Bright, Sunny South | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

quote:
Originally posted by Dev Em:
Thing is...it keeps getting better.

Yeah, I was actually a little worried after the first issue, because I kind of liked it, but something just wasn't gelling for me. But Amelia really rocked.
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Each subsequent arc (trade) has gotten better and better! The most recent issues introduced what may end up being my favorite character in the series, Tony's twin sister!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester

One thing I'm really liking about it is that it reads really well in single issue fashion (I've been reading an issue a day).

Hoping the rumored television series comes about.

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
UPDATE: I've read the first three issues of Chew. Liking it better with each successive issue!

YAY! It's good to know that you're NOT dead inside, Edie!

quote:
Originally posted by Chief Lardy:
I MEAN it, Edie! If you try Chew and don't enjoy it, then you're just dead inside. REALLY!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

quote:
Originally posted by The Flying Fool:
I liked Zorro, but then again I like anything by Matt Wagner.

But seriously, what is the big deal with the Walking Dead? I've never really liked zombies all that much to begin with, but between this title, it's TV show, and Marvel's near-obsession with them, I'm REALLY starting to hate zombies.

Could write a few pages in response, but let's see...

First and foremost, The Walking Dead and Marvel Zombies are in no way similar books at all. Aside from having the concept of zombies in both...there's not much else.

As far as The Walking Dead goes...if you don't like Zombies...probably not going to like a Zombie book. This book though is about way more than zombies though. There can be several issues in a row that feature no zombies, or feature them as only the barest of background filler. It is more about the people and what living in a world that has gone through, and continues to go through this "apocalypse".

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.