Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Sci-Fi TV Shows - which were your favourites? (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Sci-Fi TV Shows - which were your favourites?
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
I love all Sci Fi shows! Right now - Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters International!!! Moonlight!!! yes......Sanctuary!! and lastly Eureka!!

The only one show that I despise the most is EEW!!! why why why? EEW is not a Science Fiction show...it's a sport!!! should belong to ESPN 2 or something like that!! grrrr....

Anyway, can't wait to see Ghost Hunters Int'l tmw night. [Love]

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I agree about the wrestling!
ugh

Lexx was it!
yes!!
[Smile]

Atlantis is over now.
I really started to enjoy that show this year!
Figures.
But I've heard that there'll be a StarGate Universe series or movie this year.
I don't know any of the details yet.
(Make time, Candace.)

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
I think wrestling falls into the fantasy category. I definately ain't real.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ram Boy:
Lexx was my all time favorite Sci-Fi series (Thank you Canada). Xenia Seeberg was just amazing to look at,

I was more a fan of Eva Habermann - could NOT take my eyes off her....
 -

[ March 04, 2009, 06:12 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
well now I blanked out on Lexx...I loved watching that show because it felt hmmm kind of homoerotic...hee hee. Sorry...I had to be brutally honest, but look at Lexx's guys!! [Wink] [Big Grin]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ram Boy
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ram Boy   Email Ram Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I liked Eva too, Drake. And since Zev morphed into Xev
 -

I guess you could call it a win/win situation.

Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

is now watching the Dead Like Me marathon series today on Sci-Fi....I really love that series. Anybody watch this series?
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
I've never watched it, but I DVD'ed the episodes today, largely thanks to the Bryan Fuller connection.
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Stuff I liked;

Everything. Really. Even Misfits of Science and Automan and Manimal and Kindred: the Embraced and Wolf Lake (none of which are any more sci-fi than Buffy, but if Buffy counts, so do they!).

But favorites?

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine was my favorite (Terry Farrell as Jazdia Dax was SOOOO hot), although I liked the other series as well (Kes was way cooler than Seven of Boobs).

Babylon 5, particularly those action packed third and fourth seasons.

Earth: Final Conflict. The first season only was amazing, and I would have liked to see it continue in that direction. Later seasons kind of blew.

Andromeda. Yet another from the House of Roddenberry that was amazingly cool in the first season, and then got a little wonky.

Tek War. Written by Shatner and acted by the dude from BJ and the Bear (the one who played the trucker, not the chimp) and yet, still surprisingly cool. Best cyberspace / hacking scenes ever.

Honorable mentions to Dark Angel, Space: Above and Beyond, etc.

I have some nostalgia for shows like V and War of the Worlds and Alien Nation, as well, but I suspect that I wouldn't like them on a reviewing.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Earth: Final Conflict. The first season only was amazing, and I would have liked to see it continue in that direction. Later seasons kind of blew.

I was pretty into that show for a bit, but they really lost it when they replaced the main character.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
I was pretty into that show for a bit, but they really lost it when they replaced the main character.

Very true. The new guy annoyed me, and I spent more time watching to see what sort of snippy catfights Da'an and Zo'or would get into... Their various schemes and machinations against each other were classic.
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
I think wrestling falls into the fantasy category. I definately ain't real.

I think of the professional stuff, and all of the overacted melodrama involve with the genre, as Italian Slapstick.
The only legitamet show that I've ever seen that was billed as such, was a production of 'The Taming of the Shrew' by William Shakespeare, on PBS.

So that's where I'd put Wrestlemania and family, on PBS.

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

quote:
Originally posted by Set:
Andromeda. Yet another from the House of Roddenberry that was amazingly cool in the first season, and then got a little wonky.

I agree, but I don't think it was just a Roddenberry creation.

Farscape, Lexx and Babylon 5 sort of went that way too, along with many others.

Primeval got kink of wonky at the end of the first season, I think.

--------------------

Come, join me!

Otto Plastino
NOBODY MESSES WITH THE ERG-1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Otto Plastino   Author's Homepage   Email Otto Plastino         Edit/Delete Post     
BEST...SCIENCE FICTION SHOW...EVER!

I'm going to cast my votes for the following:

TV: Babylon 5, old school Trek.

Movies: The Matrix trilogy, The Star Wars movies, Bladerunner.

Let the debate begin!

From: Naltor trying to find someone to give me lotto numbers | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm tossed up about the original Twilight Zone and Babylon 5. Kind of apples and oranges those two.

If entertainment was my purest criteria, I'd have to throw "Alien Nation" into the mix.

After watching the entire release of the new Battlestar Galactica, I'm not really getting the greatest show ever support? Makes me wonder if I missed a major point.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.