Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Sci-Fi TV Shows - which were your favourites? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Sci-Fi TV Shows - which were your favourites?
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks John!

I had to go over to the TV Tome website just to find out who the blonde was...that's a really excellent place to go if you want to know about trivial stuff like song lyrics or cast members or how long a particular show lasted...

Brian

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
TV Tome is a great site. And a lot of fun!
I'm off. Have a good day while I have a good night!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
All 8 series (seasons to us here in the U.S.) are on sale in 5 boxed DVD sets. Although I expect they are only region coded for the UK.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Cheers, Scott, for the info...but what about those poor slobs who can't afford DVD? Is there anything out on VHS?
From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Brian, a couple of sellers on eBay have some of the VHS but not all. One seller was in the UK the other in the US. But everything else I found was on DVD.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Bummer
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I've only seen a few episodes of the original Tomorrow People, but I loved the new Tomorrow People series they did back in the 90s. They showed it on Nicklodeon here in the States. Of course, it only helped that I thought Kristian Schmidt was a hottie [Big Grin]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Did you also know, Crujectra, that Kristian once acted in an Australian soap called "Neighbours"?

Brian

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I had heard that, but unfortunately that was never available to watch here in Maine. The only other thing I've seen him in was this very brief appearance in Scooby Doo. He was even mentioned by name in the cast commentary on the DVD [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
egads!!! noone has even mentioned one of my favs...... RED DWARF!!!!!

so heres my list

Red Dwarf
Dr. Who
Star Trek
The Black Hole
Babylon 5
Enterprise
X-Files
Farscape

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I loved Dr. Who. Especially the series from the 70s.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Boston.com has listed their 50 all time Sci-Fi shows. Some surprises on the list, especially high placement of new shows. But to me, the most glaring omission was Star Trek: Deep Space 9. To make it worse, they actually ranked Voyager! No way Voyager would ever make my list, especially without DS9.

Boston.com's Top 50 Sci-Fi Shows

armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
All Star Trek, except Voyager and most of Enterprise, especially DS9, a series I mourn the end of nearly weekly

Battlestar Galactica, new series

Firefly

I liked about half of Babylon 5

How could DS9 not be in the top 10, much less not on the list?

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Boston.com has listed their 50 all time Sci-Fi shows. Some surprises on the list, especially high placement of new shows. But to me, the most glaring omission was Star Trek: Deep Space 9. To make it worse, they actually ranked Voyager! No way Voyager would ever make my list, especially without DS9.

Boston.com's Top 50 Sci-Fi Shows

Okay, line up your tomatoes - Voyageur was my favorite of the Star Trek series and Janeway was my favorite captain. And Seven of Nine was pure inspiration.
Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

I'll let you get away with that as long as you bow to Sisko. [Smile]

Actually I don't outright hate Voyager but I never got the chance to get into it at the beginning. SLC had a time where, for about two years, most of the cable providers didn't carry a local (or any) UPN station because Larry Miller, the owner of the UPN station at the time, the Utah Jazz and a million businesses, decided that the network was too 'urban' and refused to show their content in Utah.

Not only did he effectively cut our market off for UPN shows, he did this the same time that Buffy switched over to UPN! Robbed us of two years of prime time slayerness! The bastich!

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.