Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Sci-Fi TV Shows - which were your favourites? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Sci-Fi TV Shows - which were your favourites?
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Who is a Science-Fiction buff out here in Legion World?

Write in and share your views of what your favourite show was when you were a kid or even now as adults?

I liked all the Star Treks (Enterprise was great, but at least Scott Bakula made a hot Starfleet Captain)

The Irwin Allen shows...Lost In Space, Land of the Giants, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Time Tunnel...

The old Battlestar Galactica (where you knew Starbuck was better as a man than as a..)

Write in, share the memories...

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN
"Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong."

Icon 1 posted      Profile for l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN   Email l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN         Edit/Delete Post     
well besides all the regular ones that will be named in this thread i'll add one of my faves although it only lasted one season and didn't get the props it deserved for being educational and entertaining is Voyagers which ran on NBC for one season way back in 1982:

Plot Summary for
"Voyagers!" (1982)
Phineas Bogg is a member of a group people called Voyagers. They help history along. Give it a push where it's needed. He is a regular human that was living as a pirate a few hundred years ago, when he was chosen to be a voyager. He travels by way of a gold pocket watch like device called an omni. When the light is flashing red, it means history is wrong. His job is to fix it. In the pilot episode, Bogg ends up in 1982 when his omni malfunctions. (He is only supposed to be able to go as far as 1970.) He ends up in the apartment where 12 year old Jeffery Jones and his aunt and uncle live. (Jones parents were recently killed in an accident.) While there, Jeffery's dog grabs hold of Bogg's guide book (basically a history book.) Bogg being a pretty inept history person has no clue what to do without his book. One thing leads to another and Jeffery falls out of the building's window. The only way to save him is for Bogg to jump out after him and travel through time. Now Bogg is stuck in time with a 12 year old kid (Jeffery), no guide book, and no way of getting Jeffery back. But he does have an ace in the hole. Jeffery's dad was a history professor and Jeffery picked up much of his knowledge. So now the two of them, travel through time, giving history a push along where it is needed.

taken from www.IMDB.com

--------------------
Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/

From: Yonkers N.Y | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, i remember Voyagers! too...

Phineas was such a hunk - why Jon-Erik Hexum (the actor who played him) was stupid enough to fool around with a loaded gun is beyond me...

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
I love Sci Fi.

I absolutely loved Farscape. I did it was fun.
Course I am a Trek fan (all of em)

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Hiya Dave!

Let me guess...You had a thing for Riker and Archer and Tripp (oh my!)

So did i...particularly when Scott Bakula did "Quantum Leap"...man, i wouldnt have minded him "leaping" elsewhere...

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
some favorite sci-fi shows that come to mind (in no particular order):
- Babylon 5
- Star Trek (OS and TNG)
- Dr Who
- Battlestar Galactica (both)
- Quantum Leap
- X-Files
- SPACE: Above and Beyond
- Firefly

[ August 06, 2005, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Voyagers!

I missed that one. But i liked the sound of it until we got to the kid! Why is it that Sci Fi has to have the "cute" kid in it????

If Phineas really was a pirate he would have let the snotty go splat then pick his book up and continue to do his job. [Mad]

As for me My fav's growing up were
Doctor Who
Blakes 7
Star Trek
Saphire and Steel
The Tomorrow People.

I also liked Tripods and (later) Sliders

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

I remember the Tomorrow People, Faraway Lad...i had since a huge crush on the actor who played John in it...

Brian

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm surprised this one hasn't been brought up. Wild, Wild West. Loved that show.

Among others:

Star Trek (OS and DS9)
Space: 1999
The Fantastic Journey (started writing my own stories because of this show)
Time Tunnel
Land of the Giants
Planet of the Apes
Logan's Run
Man from Atlantis
Six-Million Dollar Man
The Powers of Matthew Starr

[ August 08, 2005, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
Mmmm... I absolutely loved Star Trek as a kid (my Dad and I watched it all the time). TNG is and always will be my favorite but DS9 really grew on me, I enjoyed Voyager an the Original Series is pretty tight too!!

I also really enjoyed Quantum Leap. And Babylon 5 -- my Mum loved that show!!

Firefly is probably my all-time favorite, though. I'm sooo sad it got cancelled so fast, it rocked hardcore. [Big Grin]

That's about all the sci fi TV shows I ever really watched, though. My friend is trying to get me into a bunch of other ones. So we'll see what comes of that... ^_^

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
DS9 was more my style. This ST was unique in that the universe came to "us" instead of us going to them and that appeals to me as being different than most approaches, more Twilight Zonish (which hasn't yet been mentioned BTW). The intrigue, factions against factions, was a bit more convoluted in DS9 than the other series I felt. There were fewer white hats and black hats but lots of gray area.

Firefly is something I ddin't get into the time I watched one on tv. Fortunately some friends nagged me into watching the DVD's and I love this series. All interesting characters and noone is wasted. Dialogue of course is Whedon superb.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
profh0011
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for profh0011   Author's Homepage   Email profh0011         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm... the short form...

FIREBALL XL5
THE OUTER LIMITS
LOST IN SPACE
8TH MAN
STAR TREK
THE TIME TUNNEL
THUNDERBIRDS
ULTRA MAN
DOCTOR WHO
BATTLESTAR GALACTICA
STAR BLAZERS
TERRAHAWKS
DEEP SPACE NINE
SPACE PRECINCT
FUTURAMA
TRIPPING THE RIFT

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
In no particular order:

The Tomorrow People
Star Trek
Next Generation
Deep Space Nine
Enterprise
Quantum Leap
Voyagers!
The Powers of Matthew Star
Lost in Space
Buck Rogers

You'll note that most of these have some hunky guy in them. Purely a coincidence, I'm sure! [Wink]

Speaking of The Tomorrow People, I've always thought that it was a little like the Legion in some ways. You could draw an analog with the "Big Three" in both: John/Cosmic Boy, Elizabeth/Saturn Girl and Stephen/Lightning Lad. There's also the Galactic Federation/UP parallell.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Wasn't there a blonde in it as well who only lasted one season, then she and someone else were sent off to a galactic federation outpost?
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
That was Carol. She and Kenny left at the end of series one. Liz came aboard with series two, but she was much more interesting.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.