Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » I'm interested in your opinion

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm interested in your opinion
PolarBoy
Drunk in 4 different threads

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi guys,

Im trying to build up a portfolio of diffrent peices of jewlery that I have made and I'm half way through a necklace and was wondering which of the following versions do you prefer or do you think it would be better adorning a dustbin?
If people are interested I might show some of my other peices (you would be the first people im not related to to see them) so you casn judge which are the stronger peices.

Mike

-
 -
 -

[ November 07, 2005, 03:11 AM: Message edited by: PolarBoy ]

--------------------
:polarboy:

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
I like the simplicity of the first one. Elegant but without being overly formal or tacky.

I'd buy it... if it weren't gold. That color does not go with my skin. Of course, a little silver paint could fix that in no time....

Oh, the possibilities. [Wink]

P.S. I'm totally impressed that you make jewelry. So cool.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saturn Girl
Always Leave Them Spellbound

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saturn Girl           Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, jewelry is one of my passions! Just ask poor Scott! For me, the first one is too plain, and the second one is wonderful and could be dressed up or down. The second one would look fantastic on bare skin with a tank top in the summertime or with a black top in the winter. All those little clear teardrops would catch candlelight and be very sexy. BUt the last one, with all the colored hearts and leaves, well that one I would wear the most, for everyday, because it would go with a lot of colors and outfits. I also enjoy movement and 'play' in my jewelry and version #3 seems to offer that. As long as I'm ranting, may I also put in a plea to you as a jewelry maker, remember some of us women are big gals and we need longer lengths then the 'standard' 14-16" necklaces. Those are great for teens and small women, but I need something comfortable that will hang nicely, about a 20" chain works well. Kudos to you for being a craftsman, and I hope you do very well [Smile]
From: Utah (non-Mormon!!!) | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
I would say the #2 is the best. Although #1 would be best for a guy. #3 looks too busy for my tastes.

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
I would like number two only if there was only one crystal at the bottom. I like the business of the last one. It's so busy that it works well.
From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
My preferences in order are 1, 3, 2. For myself, I would probably only go for the first one because I like the uniformity and simplicity of just one material, but it's got enough extra to be more than just a chain. If I were buying a gift, I'd go for the third one - it strikes me as more unusual, but would probably be more versatile than the middle one.

Is that real gold you're working with?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PolarBoy   Email PolarBoy         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the feed back guysit's really useful I agree with pretty much everything that has been said. for a number of reasons the peice has now become a bracelet which I think lends it self best to the simple design but let me know what you think (Oh yeas it is real gold just a shit grade 4 carrot I think)

-
 -

--------------------

From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
probably 1 cause though I kinda the idea of 3, its so busy that you cant even see the intricacy of the gold triangle cause its covered with all the heart bling.
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PolarBoy

Hi guys I have done some more biuts and bobs all based on the same design as the one above but would like to know which is your fav.

this is a necklace havent done the clasp yet
 -
3 more bracelets
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.