Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Would You Support An Ongoing Animated Legion Book? (Page 4)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Would You Support An Ongoing Animated Legion Book?
Lone Wolf Legionnaire
Academy Cadet

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lone Wolf Legionnaire   Email Lone Wolf Legionnaire         Edit/Delete Post     
Bring it on ,and get a Writer who knows and loves the history of the Legion.

--------------------
I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.

From: Kentucky | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nimbus
Legion of Virtue

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nimbus   Email Doc Nimbus         Edit/Delete Post     
How about one of us? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Your plan didn't work, now let's try it my way...brute force!"

From: Founder's Falls, Paragon City | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
According to Bob Wayne, don't "act surprised" if an animated comic comes out! Personally, I think if it's renewed for a second season, the comic's a shoo-in.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
J. Torres is already listing himself as a contibuting writer to "Legion of Super Heroes" on his website. I think we can assume they're well into the scripts of an animated book.

Hehe he should reimagine the Legion as Degrassi High... of Space.

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Another creator has popped up as working on a print version of the animated series. Chynna Clugston. At least according to Rich Johnston in his latest Gutter. He says she mentions it in her blog. Unless she has had to remove the mention I don't see it.

[ December 25, 2006, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Lightning Lad ]

From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Definitely underway then.

No surprise. They must have waited for initial numbers to come in on the series before committing.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koymc Dox
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Koymc Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Koymc Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Another creator has popped up as working on a print version of the animated series. Chynna Clugston. At least according to Rich Johnston in his latest Gutter. He says she mentions it in her blog. Unless she has had to remove the mention I don't see it.

If this is true, it would be awesome. I'm already familiar with Chynna through her work with Oni Press (Blue Monday, Scooter Girl), and one issue of Ultimate Marvel Team-Up.

--------------------
"I will drill a hole through my head. You cannot stop me."

Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:

She mentions it in the comments to her December 21 post.
From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks APB. Didn't even think to look at the comments.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koymc Dox
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Koymc Dox   Author's Homepage   Email Koymc Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Awkward Pause Boy:
She mentions it in the comments to her December 21 post.

Twice, in fact...

http://girlmod.livejournal.com/88038.html

quote:
as well as some side projects (like Legion Animated #1)
quote:
Yep, Legion of Superheroes! But, you know, from the actual cartoon for kids, rather than the regular stuff.

--------------------
"I will drill a hole through my head. You cannot stop me."

Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

The book has an official title (from Comics Continuum):

The Legion of Super-Heroes in the 31st Century and will launch in April. The first issue will be written by J. Torres, with art by Chynna Clugston-Flores.

Caliente
Honoring the Primary Color Gang

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caliente   Email Caliente         Edit/Delete Post     
There's an interview with J. Torres on Newsarama. It's pretty interesting-- apparently they're rotating writers-- and shows some preview art.

--------------------
Abin: You know what to do with a Cali sandwich? No but neither do Cobie and CJ!
CJ: Yeah, we do. She's smiling, isn't she?

Context... who needs it?

From: Sunny Cali-- er, Planet Earth? | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Arachne
Bookworm

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Arachne   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Click Here For A SpoilerA Timberwolf story! Yay!

--------------------
arachne3003.deviantart.com
Current Obsession: Birds of Prey/Secret Six

From: Canada | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Awkward Pause Boy   Email Awkward Pause Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
There's an interview with Steve Uy up at www.comicon.com/pulse/

It has some preview art. I couldn't be sure it was all for one issue, thus the post in this thread.

Looks pretty nice.

From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Awkward Pause Boy
Candidate

Oh, now I see it's for a future issue that hasn't been solicited yet. Beware potential spoilers.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.