Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Animated LSH? (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Animated LSH?
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
As prospective guests appearing on JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED? Or as stars of their own series? This tidbit doesn't quite say... but it seems there's hope!

http://silverbulletcomicbooks.com/rage/index1.htm

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Would anyone mind posting the info here? Silver Bullet is still causing any browsers I have open to crash, either IE or FireFox. Same thing at work. Don't know what they've been doing with their site design lately but if they keep it up I'll have to stop visiting.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rjbrande
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rjbrande   Email rjbrande         Edit/Delete Post     
The relevant portion of the interview is:

Blair Marnell (interviewer) : Is there any chance the Legion of Superheroes will show up?

Dwayn McDuffie: We want to do the Legion someday. We’ve had discussions about that. Fingers crossed.

There's discussion earlier in the article about the two-part season finale, "The Once and Future Thing" featuring Chronos and a lot of time travel, but since the Legion isn't mentioned until the passage I quoted above, I assume they aren't going to be part of that.

Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charles Phipps
I'm actually the Time Trapper...shhhhhh

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charles Phipps   Email Charles Phipps         Edit/Delete Post     
The Cartoon Network actually nixed a Legion of Superheroes cartoon at one point. I don't know much more but it was after they nixed a Wonder Woman movie as a lead in for Justice league.

--------------------
Author of "Machine Goddess" and "The Undying Machine"
Machine Goddess: http://tinyurl.com/gkp5z
Undying Machine: http://tinyurl.com/jvw9p

Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Right after the mention of the Legion, they had this graphic. She looks better without the mask ...

-

(By the way, I wonder if the problems others have had with the SilverBullet site are related to pop-up windows. I have Netscape 7.1 suppressing all of them, and it appears without a problem. But the page takes forever to load!)

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rjbrande
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rjbrande   Email rjbrande         Edit/Delete Post     
Regarding the SilverBullet site, I'm using IE 6 and blocking popups - the site loaded quickly and with no problems for me.

And I agree, I thought Shayera looked better without the mask in the Solomon Grundy episode too.

Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
Using Firefox 1.0, blocking both popups and other ads and it loads ASAP for me.

And I like Hawkgirl without the mask too, but I don't know about her being an actual member sans helm.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digiac 5
3booted

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digiac 5   Author's Homepage   Email Digiac 5         Edit/Delete Post     
She rejoined the team in the episode "Wake The Dead" which I believe will be repeated this Saturday.
Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Phipps:
The Cartoon Network actually nixed a Legion of Superheroes cartoon at one point.

There have been several attempts at a Legion cartoon over the years, and there seem to have been some recent talks on the subject. Maybe someday...

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Any of you by chance using the new Microsoft Anitspyware? That's the only difference between my FireFox and IE than what you guys list.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix
Active

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Kinetix   Author's Homepage   Email Kinetix         Edit/Delete Post     
I used to have issues with SBCB.com because of Java. Crashed any browser window I opened to the site. Blanking on what I did to fix it, though. As a result, I still almost never visit the site...

J

--------------------
"Why must power be so elusive?" - Zoe Saugin
Enter Zoe's Closet

From: Everywhere, nowhere... | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mearl Dox
Likes green

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mearl Dox   Email Mearl Dox         Edit/Delete Post     
I didn't have any trouble loading it, but I usually stop scripts from running unless I know what they do.

And as for a Legion cartoon, I would love one so much! After deep inner reflection, I reached the conclusion that I'd be happy about a Legion cartoon no matter what form it took. I would just be happy that it existed at all. It's a little sad, really.

From: Colu | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix
Active

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Kinetix   Author's Homepage   Email Kinetix         Edit/Delete Post     
Hmm, there's a question.

If there is ever a Legion cartoon, which version would you most like it to resemble? Or would you prefer something almost all new?

J

--------------------
"Why must power be so elusive?" - Zoe Saugin
Enter Zoe's Closet

From: Everywhere, nowhere... | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Digiac 5
3booted

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Digiac 5   Author's Homepage   Email Digiac 5         Edit/Delete Post     
I think it, like B:TAS & S:TAS should be a distillation of the Legion's past. Take the best parts of all of the versions and not worry about whether it matches the comics (for example, we could have Dawnstar & Gates on the same team).

Don't forget, BTW, that the Legion has ALREADY been animated, albeit most of them only in a crowd scene

Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reboot
Common sense is neither common, nor sense.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reboot   Author's Homepage   Email Reboot         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Any of you by chance using the new Microsoft Anitspyware? That's the only difference between my FireFox and IE than what you guys list.

Never even heard of an MS Anti-Spyware project (*uses Spybot & AdAware*).

My approach is simple - if I don't want on a page, I AdBlock it. You'd be amazed how much it helps.

--------------------
My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War.

From: The Mainframe | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.