Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Bruce Timm re: Legion on JLU & Wondercon bits

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bruce Timm re: Legion on JLU & Wondercon bits
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Sooooooo I went to WonderCon today (San Francisco) and guess what I talked to Bruce Timm about?!? Macro economics! Just kidding, he kinda showed up at the DC comics booth and was there for a bit so I talked to him about JLU and a possible Legion appearance in the next season. He said that they were definitely thinking about it and asked me with JLU episodes I liked this season. I asked him which Legion of Super-Heroes characters were his favorite and he said he liked the classics and added that since they'd feature certain Legionnaires in that other previous episode he/they might consider focusing on other ones this next time!!!

I'm going again tomorrow so I'll see what other Legiony goodness I can pick up for y'all. On and supercool sidenote: they gave out Legion mini-buttons!!! FA. BU. LOUS! I flipped throught the 'Preview' copy of LoSH #3 and I won't ruin anything but I'll say that other characters not previously focused on get focused on, and (this one's especially for Sketch Lad) one Legionnaire fusses with their hair-do! Oh yeah, and Ale Garza doesn't know Legionnaires really well but I did get a sweet Superboy sketch from him!

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kinetix
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kinetix   Author's Homepage   Email Kinetix         Edit/Delete Post     
Some definitely cool news. I'm glad to get some focus slowly appearing on the various characters. Settling one of my few concerns with the series so far.

J

[ February 19, 2005, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: Kinetix ]

--------------------
"Why must power be so elusive?" - Zoe Saugin
Enter Zoe's Closet

From: Everywhere, nowhere... | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the report Kevin! If I didn't have to work, I'd be right up there.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
MEL

Legion Buttons !!!!!!

I want

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the report, MEL!

Something to hope for re: an animated LSH.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starbucks Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starbucks Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
In other Wondercon news:

Statesman (Jack something or other - producer of City of Heroe) refused to make up a trivia question for Legion of Superheroes during the PlayNC giveaways. He stated that it was a little "too obscure" for the average fan. [Frown] Too obscure for the average fan, yet questions about the immortals or which hulks were non-green were ok??

Also, later when I saw him (walking around with his CoH cape) and asked him about Freedom Force, he said he didn't like it because he didn't care for campy-ness. I didn't bother asking him about the new LSH after that b/c he didn't appear to have much of a humor module.

Statesman has lost faction points with me. It's a good thing that I don't have one of those heroclix figures. No telling what voodoo rituals I'd be performing on it.

I missed the Legion buttons but I did get to read the b&w for #3 so its all even in my book.

Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
Statesman doesn't like campyness? Statesman???
From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Legion hair! Live it, love it and I'm worth it!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starbucks Kid
Applicant

I regret to inform you that he did indeed say it. I felt bad about bringing up Freedom Force and there was that "awkward conversation pause" before we parted ways right after that. Maybe it's because he sees it as competition or something.

Kevin Smith and Jason Mews appeared to be pretty accomodating to their fans for autographs and pictures on the last day but they did cut their time at the end so they could check out some of the stuff at the convention.

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
So for satuday, I most did the panel thing, and saw Elisha Cuthbert, Julian McMahon, and Christian Bale. I did manage however to get an awesome Ultraboy sketch from Matthew Clark (Adventures of Superman, Wonderwoman, Inhumans):
 -
Matthew says he's a big Legion fan and I when I suggested DC get him on a Legion project he said he'd definitely be interested. He said he worked some teens who looked similiar to Legionnaires into an issue of Superman (I think it was 628?).

Also, here's the Ale Garza Superboy:
 -

The other sketches I got can be seen at my website.

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semi Transparent Fellow
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semi Transparent Fellow   Email Semi Transparent Fellow         Edit/Delete Post     
I purchased the following original page from Matthew Clark. Although I don't read Adventures of Superman, I did pick up several of the issues that Matthew drew because I liked the art so much. I did pick up the issue that this page came from.

-

I did manage to read the advance LSH #3, and unless I'm bribed with candy, I probably won't spill the beans about Triplicate Girl. After all, it's less than 24 hours before all will be revealed. Oh, what the hell, just a little spoiler.

s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
(highlight to read)

TC no longer has a lame power. In fact, she could be one of the most powerful Legionaires ever.

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starbucks Kid
Applicant

Did you see the guy dressed up as the John Stewart Green Lantern with the leather outfit?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.