Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » CLOSED: Animated Legion Poll (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: CLOSED: Animated Legion Poll
235 - Andy S
Check out the VOTE-A-MATIC now!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 235 - Andy S   Author's Homepage   Email 235 - Andy S         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, there are rumblings of a Legion cartoon in development at Cartoon Network. And I know there will soon be buzz all about the boards about it, but I thought this could just be a quick poll for some rough surveying.

What do you think it should resemble? Who should be on it?

GO IN AND VOTE!

[ October 12, 2005, 04:31 AM: Message edited by: Nightcrawler ]

Polling is not enabled in this forum. This poll is inactive.

From: Lauderhill, FL | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
Boy o boy -- this is just getting me all goose pimply about the fact that there's actually a Legion cartoon in development!! (but I'll boycott the thing if Wildfire isn't in it! ... ok no, not really...)
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
What I would like, as far as style of animation, might not be what would be best for the franchise or most appealing to kids. But I would prefer the Bruce Timm JLU style...it's worked so well with the other DC characters. I'm pretty sure we'll see something closer to Teen Titans, though, and I'm okay with that. As far as a 'Ghost in the Shell' type style, I don't think they'd be capable of that even if they wanted. The budget and staff just aren't available in American animation fot that kind of stuff.

For what era I think the stories should be drawn from: the all ages-accessible Adventure run. Very imaginative concepts, characters and stories, very low on violence and other things that upset parent groups. I'd like to see a Legion cartoon appropriate to little kids... it would be so cool to me to see my nephew and his frinds become Legion fans, and maybe even interested in comics. As much as I would enjoy a show aimed at me, I think it's important to have something to bring in the next generation, and there's already enough stuff aimed at us aging 20 and 30-somethings, imo.

As far as who would be in it: I'd love to see everyone! Maybe a rotating cast like in JLU, but using the Adventure era originals as a core team?

Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
legionadventureman
Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for legionadventureman   Email legionadventureman         Edit/Delete Post     
Something to appeal to the little kids,eh? Can you just see the producers thinking up a concept called "Super-Rugrats of Space"?

I bet they could pull it off too - but then, i wouldnt watch it!

From: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SouthtownKid   Email SouthtownKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
Something to appeal to the little kids,eh? Can you just see the producers thinking up a concept called "Super-Rugrats of Space"?

I bet they could pull it off too - but then, i wouldnt watch it!

I'm thinking more in terms of how the original Adventure stories were handled. They were definitely aimed at kids (although I still love them).

Remember, "Hey, Kids! Comics!"...? Sometimes it seems to me that in the effort to prove that comics aren't JUST for kids, we end up producing almost nothing FOR kids. That kind of attitude seems to me like a great way to completely kill the industry. I'd just like to constantly see new fans coming in, and keeping the artform alive.

One of my favorite comics is Love & Rockets, and I wouldn't give up comics like that for the world, but I wouldn't sit a 7 year-old in front of it, and there should be plenty for them too. In my opinion, anyhow...

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by SouthtownKid:

I'm thinking more in terms of how the original Adventure stories were handled. They were definitely aimed at kids (although I still love them)

True, but they were appropriate for kids at the time. Aiming for kids today (and it depends on how old you're aiming), you'd need a certain level of sophistication to get their attention. Then again, the most successful 'toons have been able to appeal to wide age ranges.
From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthtownKid
Applicant

quote:
Originally posted by DrakeB3004:
True, but they were appropriate for kids at the time. Aiming for kids today (and it depends on how old you're aiming), you'd need a certain level of sophistication to get their attention. Then again, the most successful 'toons have been able to appeal to wide age ranges.

Yeah, the material would definitely have to be adjusted for the sensibilities of kids today, but I don't know how much more sophisticated they'd have to be. To use LAM's example of Rugrats, I don't really see that as being any more sophisticated than Scooby Doo, which I watched as a kid in the '70s. But I may be biased (because I loved Scooby Doo, heh heh)...
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
That was really difficult to only choose 25!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stargazer
One Monkeys Opinion...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer           Edit/Delete Post     
Choosing 25 was really difficult. Can we have a substitute Legion as well.

--------------------
Looking for Earth Prime.

From: Conroe Texas | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
As far as a roster goes, they shouldn't be limited to any one era. This Legion will have its own continuity and they should feel free to mix and match from what they think are the best bits from each era.

As far as an animation style, I'm sure it'll show influences from other cartoons, but I think it's best if it not be too close to already existing shows.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Selecting only 25 was impossible!! I ran down the list starting with "A" and ran out of options with Shadow Lass as my 25th choice, but I certainly would have selected about 10 more.

I'm the sole "5 years Later" vote, though what I was really voting for was the SW6 LEGIONNAIRES look (including members Catspaw, Dragonmage and Computo for some diversity!).

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
I vote, I vote for Kinetix, because I can!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Neat poll! The next one should be which action figures do you want in Wave 1? Wave 2? Fruit Loops 2 UPC limited send-away edition?
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fanfic Lady
Now my heart is full

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fanfic Lady   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
As far as source material and character selection, it's Prestige Era all the way for me, except that I'd want Shadow Lass to have her Cockrum/Grell Era look.

And I would hope they try to find a new style of animation. The Bruce Timm style was perfect for Batman, but it really put me off when it was used on Superman and JLU. If they could find a way to make it dynamic yet "realistic," I would be happy.

[ August 28, 2005, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Stealth ]

--------------------
"I know it's gonna happen someday."

kenaustin
4/28/37 - I miss you, momma - 6/13/11

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenaustin   Author's Homepage   Email kenaustin         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Stealth:
...And I would hope they try to find a new style of animation. The Bruce Timm style was perfect for Batman, but it really put me off when it was used on Superman and JLU. If they could find a way to make it dynamic yet "realistic," I would be happy.

Between the Teen Titans style and the JLU style I'd pick the JLU style anyday...but if I could pick who was doing it, it would be Square/Enix (Final Fantasy, The Flight of the Osiris, and the upcoming Advent Children). That would be heaven. Check out the E3 2005 Trailer to see what I mean.

--------------------
kenaustin's korner - Legion Magic

From: Louisville, Ky | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.