Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Levitz working on a Legion cartoon (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Levitz working on a Legion cartoon
Ultra Jorge
Himself alone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ultra Jorge   Email Ultra Jorge         Edit/Delete Post     
We Are Many...

"Word reaches me that Paul Levitz has been talking about the possibilities of a "Legion" cartoon. The usual reasons against such a project, too many characters, was knocked by the "X-Men Evolution" cartoon, and buried six foot deep by the new "Justice League Unlimited" animation."

Taken from CBR (http://www.comicbookresources.com/columns/?column=13)

Nice. I say they use a core of 5 and then just guest star 2 to 3 others a show. [Smile]

Jorge

From: Tampa | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Ooh! Sounds good. I can actually see this working, following somewhat of a style JLU has worked on: focus on the founders and a few more popular characters before spreading out to more members.

This'll be exciting to see how it develops! If Levitz is behind the project for the long haul, it'll be like a big wave of support from DC and he'll hopefully help guide the writers on how to juggle the characters.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
All right! Hey, it could work, and with Teen Titans being a bit preteeny, JLU having adult characters and X Men Evolution cancelled I think, this could fill the demand for teen heroes!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
And they could spin-off a new comic from it like the JLAdventures and Teen Titans-GO!.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pov
Paraplegic tree sloth that's been sedated

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pov           Edit/Delete Post     
And we'd get action figures that don't cost $15, and include female Legionnaires and villians!

--------------------
"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me

From: Up a Gumtree | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
Paul Levitz rocks!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Pov:
And we'd get action figures that don't cost $15, and include female Legionnaires and villians!

But the females and villains would be short-packed by Mattel and you'd need a loan to buy them off of eBay.
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm just afraid that they'll do it too much like Titans. If Shadow Lass' eyes turn into hearts when Mon-El is near, I think I'll hurl...

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Paul's going to be quite busy, getting a Legion cartton of the ground AND moving DC's offices to the west coast.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
I really do believe if things on Cartoon Network continue the way they have been, this cartoon is inevitable. I'm excited to hear Levitz may be in on it.

HURRAY!!!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lurker Lad:
Paul's going to be quite busy, getting a Legion cartton of the ground AND moving DC's offices to the west coast.

The "DC moving to Cali" rumor got a red light with good reason though: MY mole @ DC says they're moving the DC offices to the just opened AOL/Time Warner Center right here in NYC, just a few blocks north of their current quarters.

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
I really do believe if things on Cartoon Network continue the way they have been, this cartoon is inevitable. I'm excited to hear Levitz may be in on it.

HURRAY!!!

I felt the same after the debut of JL Unlimited! Great news!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder, classic LSH or reimagined LSH? Possibly the latter if PL's pushing the idea again now.
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
quote:
Originally posted by Lurker Lad:

The "DC moving to Cali" rumor got a red light with good reason though: MY mole @ DC says they're moving the DC offices to the just opened AOL/Time Warner Center right here in NYC, just a few blocks north of their current quarters.

lil'rhino

They should move right here to Maine. They could OWN an entire old mill building for less then they curently pay in RENT. Plus they'd only be a couple of hours away from their printers in Quebec.

And, of course, then I could be the mole!!

:::hmmm... wonder who Rhino's mole is?:::

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Great news! Paul Levitz space-rawks!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.