Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » San Diego Animated Recap Exclusive 2006! (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: San Diego Animated Recap Exclusive 2006!
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
Anyone got an extra or two of the card that has all that writing on the back? A friend of mine who went to SD got the one that was blank on the back.

He also told me tonight that he bought a banner from somewhere, and he got some new cards that we've never seen, plus some t-shirts. I have no idea what he's talking about with the banner and shirts, but here is the front and back of the card (also about 5x8). They're labeled SDCC but I'm not sure if that's right.

Please don't repost or publicize these until I can find out more info.

-

-

Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
I never saw these at SDCC. [Frown]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Unlike the smaller group card with the same info on the back, this one has the updated press release. This one seems more likely a SDCC release than the other one. Maybe they ran out of this one early and gave out ones left over from the Licensing Show.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Klordny   Author's Homepage   Email Klordny         Edit/Delete Post     
They also spelled "Cornacchia" wrong on the back of the card.
Klordny
Applicant

I found out some more... at the end of the con Sunday, at the WB booth they were basically selling everything, including the banners because they weren't going to be supporting any other conventions. My friend bought the Legion banner (which you can see as the third picture down on this page). The WB rep sent him not only the card you see here above (don't know where these will be used) but also some t-shirts (don't know what those look like yet, and don't know if they're "official" or just made up for the convention). The cards and shirts arrived already, and he's still waiting on the banner. I'm pretty sure he'll be sending me one, and when I get my care package with all the other SD stuff I'll scan it all.

Maybe we'll see these cards in Chicago this weekend.

[ August 02, 2006, 03:40 AM: Message edited by: Michael Grabois ]

Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Lucky dog, getting a banner. I was wondering if they sold them or what after the convention season was over. I'd even love one of the stand up they had, there's room in my basement for it. [Smile] Can't wait to see what the t-shirt may look like.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Klordny
Applicant

The banners were all for sale for $999; someone bought the Teen Titans one for that. My friend said that was too much for the Legion banner but he'd give $500 for it (which was his splurge purchase of the con). After the reps made some phone calls, about 30 minutes later they said he could have it for that. While waiting for them to ring up the sale, he asked for some of the cards that you posted (with the picture and writing on the back), and the rep said she'd throw some cards and a couple of t-shirts in with it. I'll post pictures of whatever I can.
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
I never saw these at SDCC. [Frown]

They were at the WB booth, and given out at the panel. I thought everyone had one, or I'da grabbed some more for you an anyone else.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm not super-crazy about the art style on this series, although I guess I could learn to like it. I had the same trepidation about the manga-ized Titans, and ended up LOVING that show.

Still, I suspect it will take real effort to reconcile with Chameleon-Head Brainiac.

UGG!

From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by l.e.g.i.o.n.JOHN:
 -  -
OMG i totally forgot that Shawn Harrison played Waldo on Family Matters, now he's the voice of Timber Wolf. small frikking world huh?

...so Urkel for Brainy? Hmm...
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Wow, the guy who voices Bouncing Boy LOOKS like BB!

Yeah, but he struck me as a hack. "I bounce."

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andy   Email Andy         Edit/Delete Post     
any word on who is voicing Phantom Girl?
From: Canberra, Australia | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Jan Arrah:
any word on who is voicing Phantom Girl?

April Winchell, daughter of the late Paul Winchell.
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
As in the Donut Winchells?!
From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Eater Lad:
As in the Donut Winchells?!

Nope, that was Verne Winchell, no relation that I'm aware of. April's father Paul was a famous ventriliquist as well as the voice of Tigger in Winnie the Pooh.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.