Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The End in Sight? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The End in Sight?
Dairaioh
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dairaioh   Email Dairaioh         Edit/Delete Post     
Well kids, tell your friends to watch LOSH. Gotta keep those ratings up!

--------------------
Jin Rai!!!

From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
More at Newsarama
http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=131642

Excerpt:

"The news has left fans of not only comic book-based animation but also long term franchises like Scooby Doo and Tom & Jerry speculating on the future of their favorite weekend programs. According to the source, fans of The Batman, Legion of Super Heroes, the upcoming Spectacular Spider-Man and other comic book and animated stables should not be too concerned.

Simply put, the end of Kids WB! does not mean the end of Warner Bros. Animation, the source explained, pointing out that they are two completely separate entities. For many shows, Kids WB! was the outlet Warner Bros. Animation series used, but those series aren’t going to be cancelled at the end of the 2007-2008 season. “We are exploring a number of other avenues to direct this programming, from other networks to direct-to-DVD options,” the source said. “There are a wide field of possibilities to be explored.”

So, if we want to add our two cents, it's Warner Bros. Animation we should contact.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dain   Email Dain         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, all I can do in my little corner of the world is tell more people to watch the Legion on cable (I've already turned some friends into fans of the Legion because they watched the cartoon and loved it) and buy the dvd.
I wanted to wait until the season 1 set was out but maybe I'll buy the 4-episode dvd now.

[ October 04, 2007, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Now I'm torn about it too, and I'd SO rather just have the one...

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

I know there's a topic about Legion cartoon toys/action figures but there's no definite release date for them, is there?
I'd buy the figures anyway but if they have high sales, that will certainly have a very positive impact re the cartoon's future.
Also, it *would* be kind of silly to release a line of merchandise for a....shudder...cancelled show, wouldn't it?

Which department of WB Animation should we send a letter to and to who? Anyone has that info?
I'll write them and I can tell/beg/blackmail/cajole several friends of mine to write a letter too. [Wink]

I'll get the 4-episodes dvd but if they include "special" features in the set not included in the 4-ep. dvds I'm gonna scream louder than Tyroc would if Blok stepped on his toes!!!

[ October 04, 2007, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: Dain ]

From: Somewhere in the Multiverse | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tekwych
Magikal Mystikal Wych!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tekwych   Author's Homepage   Email Tekwych         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dain:
I know there's a topic about Legion cartoon toys/action figures but there's no definite release date for them, is there?
I'd buy the figures anyway but if they have high sales, that will certainly have a very positive impact re the cartoon's future.
Also, it *would* be kind of silly to release a line of merchandise for a....shudder...cancelled show, wouldn't it?

The figures were never put on a release schedule. The pics that made it onto the net were prototypes to show at trade shows like The Licensing Trade Show and ToyFair. Mattel was very quick to ask the posters to pull down the shots that leaked out. There were thoughts to put them out in early 2008 but when the license for DCSH opened up to the entire DC universe the Animated line was quickly shelved. My Mattel rep won't even talk to me about the line as "There is no official announcement that Mattel is supporting the Legion animation"

[ October 04, 2007, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Tekwych ]

--------------------
I take pride in my mental instability.
Go! Figure

From: New Mexico | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dain
Active

Thank you for the info Tekwych. It seems that except for the dvds there's no other merchandise related to the LSH cartoon we can buy to indirectly support the show. [Frown]

After reading Tromium's post I remain optimistic about the cartoon's future. They have a winner with the LSH cartoon and I'm sure they know it by now!

Dairaioh
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dairaioh   Email Dairaioh         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm 99% certain that season 3 will be on CN... unless they are stupid.

--------------------
Jin Rai!!!

From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Sort of related to this, but is anyone else having the Legion and Batman pre-empted for college football? Because this has happened to me the past several weeks, and the local station's not always been good about reshowing the pre-empted material the next day.
Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dairaioh:
I'm 99% certain that season 3 will be on CN...

I think so too.
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidflash2fan kidflash2fan has just turned 38
could be rabid

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidflash2fan   Author's Homepage   Email kidflash2fan         Edit/Delete Post     
agreed

my biggest problem with direct to dvd is that a lot of the time direct to dvd sucks hard (look at all of the Disney 2 3 and 1/2) even teen titans direct to dvd movie blew hard

the biggest problem with direct to dvd movies is that most of the time they aren't done by people who love and enjoy the show the ideas for them normally come from ceos who come up with bad plots and have plot holes galore they give almost no budget to it and just make good things unwatchable just because they know kids will buy it regardless if it has any quality to it because kids don't know any better

personally if they opt for just dvds i think it will suffer greatly

--------------------
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

i do commissions

From: ny | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni Craig
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni Craig   Email Omni Craig         Edit/Delete Post     
I thought CN was pushing it's own cartoons mostly now, that's the reason Krypto moved over to the KidsWB! ??

--------------------
Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.

From: Santa Ana, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Dairaioh:
I'm 99% certain that season 3 will be on CN... unless they are stupid.

Well, if it is, then I'm up a stump, because we can't get CN in Canada. (It's enough trouble getting the CW.) YTV is only showing season 1 this year; I imagine I'd have to wait an extra year for them to get season 3.

Hmm... maybe if I wrote them a letter now...

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Whether or not the toon Legion continues on TV, I want DC/WB to do The Great Darkness Saga on direct-to-DVD with *these* characters (a little more grown up).
From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matthew E
Suprmetrician

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Matthew E   Author's Homepage   Email Matthew E         Edit/Delete Post     
I'd like to see Great Darkness on direct-to-DVD too, but I'd like them to do just a straight adaptation of the comics and let the continuity chips fall where they may.

--------------------
Legion Abstract

From: Ontario | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.