Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Lois Lane and Legion

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lois Lane and Legion
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
A few days ago, I was reading Lois Lane #47, and I am frankly amazed at how good some of these silver age stories are. I was quite enjoying myself when who appears on the scene but the Legion! In fact, the subs show up too. Night Girl appears to save "Krypton Girl's" secret identity. The Legion is only there for a few panels, but I'm glad they stopped by to say hi.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
The Silver Age was certainly less silly than we usually think it was. I really enjoyed many of the stories in the Adventure Era.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Quislet
Vote for Mighty Mog

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Quislet   Email Kid Quislet         Edit/Delete Post     
Many of the Adventure stories "borrowed" from classic tales (Moby Dick, Tarzan, Most Dangerous Game, Stalag 17, Ten Little Indians, etc), but they were better than the post-boot stories which borrowed from Adventure stories which borrowed from classic tales!

--------------------
"My dance card was getting fuller than a contestant's at a Jandan shurg-off." - Exnihil, The Lost Klordny

From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
josum64
pre crisis legion fan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for josum64   Email josum64         Edit/Delete Post     
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
[QB] Many of the Adventure stories "borrowed" from classic tales (Moby Dick, Tarzan, Most Dangerous Game, Stalag 17, Ten Little Indians, etc), but they were better than the post-boot stories which borrowed from Adventure stories which borrowed from classic tales!

And that is because they had a real writers then, not hacks now days lie john byrnes.

--------------------
I am a stranger
in a really strange
land

From: deerfield beach fla | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proty II
The Weirdo Legionnaire

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Proty II   Author's Homepage   Email Proty II         Edit/Delete Post     
The Legion needs somebody who can write on a chalk board with her toes.

--------------------
Yes, but now I'm back! I'm back FROM the future!

Vist Hyperion Ranch!
Guided tours of Chateau Crowbar now available!

http://hometown.aol.com/kidcrowbar/myhomepage/ranch.html

From: Hyperion Ranch, California | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, Kid Q, which story was borrowed from Tarzan?

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lancesrealm
amiable

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lancesrealm   Email lancesrealm         Edit/Delete Post     
Jim, that sounds like a reference to Jungle King/Monster Master, doesn't it? I also seem to recall Invisible Kid swinging through the trees in the first Hunter story.
From: Cincinnati | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian Lad
No-so-special Guest Star

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Ian Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by josum64:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
[QB] Many of the Adventure stories "borrowed" from classic tales (Moby Dick, Tarzan, Most Dangerous Game, Stalag 17, Ten Little Indians, etc), but they were better than the post-boot stories which borrowed from Adventure stories which borrowed from classic tales!

And that is because they had a real writers then, not hacks now days lie john byrnes.

Ah, but the adaptations to classic tales were mandated by editorial, not the writers themselves.
From: San Juan, Puerto Rico | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
josum64
pre crisis legion fan

Icon 1 posted      Profile for josum64   Email josum64         Edit/Delete Post     
Ah, but the adaptations to classic tales were mandated by editorial, not the writers themselves.

I have read those stories and have the legion archives and they were well written, i have a
lot more respect for jim shooter then byrnes,
because at least shooter wrote some great stories like the first one with mordo the mercliess.

--------------------
I am a stranger
in a really strange
land

From: deerfield beach fla | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.