Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Will The Legion Ever Get First Billing In A Crossover? (Page 2)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Will The Legion Ever Get First Billing In A Crossover?
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
When Legion of Super-Heroes rivals Batman again in sales.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
It's part of the wonderful reverse-logic we've grown to expect from the company that put the Justice League on Earth-One and the Justice Society on Earth-Two.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Superboy-Supergirl:
icause Sovereign 7 never really existed...it was a St. Elsewhere ending.

esp when u had people from the real dc universe interact with them. So that special with Saturn Girl is officially Apocryphal.

like it or not, all comics are.

there is no 'real' DCU for anyone to interact with (except by reading about them).

So such an ending is less an insult to readers than a reminder to stop taking things so damn seriously.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Superboy-Supergirl
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Superboy-Supergirl   Email Superboy-Supergirl         Edit/Delete Post     
uh...i didn't take it that seriously. i know there's no dc universe. i think most got what i was trying to say.

and i used " " cause i was quoting Cosmicteams review of sovereign 7 the only thing that was me was before the first " and after the 2nd "

--------------------
Bring back the super-cousins

From: nyc | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
fair enough.

more than you specifically, I was intending to address the many who seem to worry too much about continuity, as if there was a real, definitive, knowable, complete narrative.

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
It's not unreasonable to expect an ongoing narrative that is consistent with itself in comic books. It's been done frequently and enhances the story for me and many other readers. The concept does break down for series that run for decades. That's not the problem most people here are referring to. I don't know if you read The Walking Dead or not, Kent. It's an example of a well done ongoing narrative. Sandman is another. Heck, Levitz did it on his original Legion run. It's one of the great strengths of his tenure with the team.

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.