Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » Doom Patrol of the 31st Century

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doom Patrol of the 31st Century
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
So who would you have for Doom Patrol Members?

Elasti-girl
Negative Man
Robotman
the Chief
Beast Boy

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
They sort-of already exist in 31c LMB continuity...

Captain Lightbulb -- getter of ideas!

Robotwoman -- 70 year old Southern woman whose brain has been transplanted into a sexy robot body!

Antler Lass -- the girl with the enormous, impervious rack!

The Flasher -- one look at what lies beaneath his trenchcoat can cause various awful things to happen to the viewer!

Porta John -- with his magical porta-potty, he's a real rolling stone!

Dormant Damsel -- the heart & soul of the team! She's the mistress of being in a coma!

Coma Lad -- he's also in a coma, but he also has the mysterious ability to be teleported to scenes where having someone who is in a coma is someone's only hope for salvation!

Collectively, they are... THE LIGHT BRIGADE!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hunt Drouin
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hunt Drouin   Email Hunt Drouin         Edit/Delete Post     
Antler Lass and The Flasher, them I gotta see.

Hey, I always thought of the Heroes of Lallor as the future's Doom Patrol.

From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiliconDream
I'd rather not be

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SiliconDream   Email SiliconDream         Edit/Delete Post     
I think the Legion is the Doom Patrol of the 31st century. They just have better self-esteem about being freaks.

That said, you could always just rename the Subs.

From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Outdoor Miner
Vote for Gates!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outdoor Miner           Edit/Delete Post     
I'd give the honor to the Heroes of Lallor.

The Wanderers would be the 31st C. equivalent of the Challengers of the Unknown.

--------------------
Legion World's Badwill Ambassador

From: A Huge, Pulsating, Ever-Expanding Chicken Heart | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Since the Doom Patrol was composed of "freaks", I'd go with the LSV, some of whom are outcasts (Cosmic King - banished from Venus) or freaks (Lightning Lord - solo; Echo - oxygen mask grafted on his face). That would make Tarik the Mute the Chief, I guess - they're both dealing with a handicap.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starbucks Kid
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starbucks Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Cliff Steel was a great character back in the day. Also, I liked Monsieur Mallah and The Brain.
Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Don't forget Crazy Jane from the Morrison years!
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, the Brain is one of the Brain Globes of Rambat, Monsieur Mallah is Koko (after a visit to the Dominators).

Crazy Jane ... who has multiple personalities in the 31st century?

It's easier to find villains to fit, but we do have some legionnaires who have been considered freaks: Ferro, White Witch, Triad, Wildfire (who has much the same personality as Cliff Steele and the same despair at having no human body), Brainiac 5.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doublechinner
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doublechinner   Email doublechinner         Edit/Delete Post     
The Doom Patrol will no doubt appear in the 31st century...

Advances in medical science will allow John Byrne to be removed from cryogenic stasis and his fatal lack of creativity cured.

The first thing he does is ... reboot the Doom Patrol! Crazy freaks from 1,000 years in the past coping with a strange new world that never asked for them...

--------------------
...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"

From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
VIOLET (reboot) for Elasti-girl
WILDFIRE, for Negative Man
GEAR, for Robotman (though I'm tempted to say that Cliff might still be around in the 31st century)
BRAINIAC 5, for the Chief
CHAMELEON, for Beast Boy

A more Legion-peripheral group that would have the spirit of the DP, but not necessarily be direct analogs:

KID PSYCHO
BEAST BOY (of Lallor)
EVOLVO
GAS GIRL
the Supergirl robot, Brainiac 5's creation

Thinking about this makes me wonder about the 'new' DP currently being printed (I'm not a reader); have they addressed the fate of that town the original DP gave their lives to protect?

My sense is that it's been ignored-- if so, that really leaves a big hole in DC's history.

I always thought that the current crop of superheroes would really revere the DP that died... though I don't think that's really been shown.

It's sort of like the marriage of Sue Dibny and Elongated Man; a 'background' element that really shaped the soul of DC's characters... the absence of which now makes the cracks show.

[ February 12, 2005, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Mystery Lad ]

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by doublechinner:
The Doom Patrol will no doubt appear in the 31st century...

Advances in medical science will allow John Byrne to be removed from cryogenic stasis and his fatal lack of creativity cured.

The first thing he does is ... reboot the Doom Patrol! Crazy freaks from 1,000 years in the past coping with a strange new world that never asked for them...

Come to think of it, he may already be in stasis. His stories have been frozen, stiff and lifeless for decades.
From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
Don't forget Crazy Jane from the Morrison years!

I loved Crazy Jane, even though she did have the potential to become a deux ex machina character like Tyroc and in some sense the White Witch. "oh we need this power. It's Crazy Jane personality no. 47 or Tyroc's yell 'weoua' or White witch spell no. 32"

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.