Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » You never know where the Legion will pop up

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You never know where the Legion will pop up
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I am currently re-reading a book called "Changing Pitches", which is about a pitcher who realizes that he is in love with his catcher. Anyhoo, I had totally forgotten one scene in the book, where the catcher is commenting on the opposing team's new uniforms, and the pitcher says that he thinks they look like uniforms for the Legion of Super-Heroes. He then jokingly says "Time to go strike out Lightning Lad".

Golly... those Legionnaires do get around, don't they? [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh great. Just great. Now I've got to worry about real books to fill my AR collection? It never ends! [Smile]
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 12 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
which is about a pitcher who realizes that he is in love with his catcher.

Talk about your double entendres!

lil'rhino

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, it was just a little mention in a few paragraphs, Scott. I don't know if it would be worth searching the book out. Although it IS very funny in parts. A little heavy in the baseball references, but I suppose that's to be expected when all of the main characters are, y'know, baseball players [Big Grin]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
On the subject of Legionnaires, or at least their names, popping up elsewhere...

Although I'm sure it's more of a pop-culture nickname than Salu's code name, I still freak out whenever I hear someone on TV referred to as a "Shrinking Violet."

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Portfolio Boy
Deputy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Portfolio Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Portfolio Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Oh great. Just great. Now I've got to worry about real books to fill my AR collection? It never ends! [Smile]

Go find Werewolves in Their Youth, a collection of short stories by Michael Chabon. The first sentance of the title story mentions Matter-Eater Lad.
From: Sumner, ME | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lightning Lad
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lightning Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Obadiah Oldbuck:
quote:

Go find Werewolves in Their Youth, a collection of short stories by Michael Chabon. The first sentance of the title story mentions Matter-Eater Lad.
I'm actually a little half-way through reading The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay. Its the first real book I've picked up and stayed with in 5 years. If Werewolves is as good, I probably will hunt it down.
From: Utah | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Portfolio Boy:
quote:

-
From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lil'rhino

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
I am currently re-reading a book called "Changing Pitches", which is about a pitcher who realizes that he is in love with his catcher. Anyhoo, I had totally forgotten one scene in the book, where the catcher is commenting on the opposing team's new uniforms, and the pitcher says that he thinks they look like uniforms for the Legion of Super-Heroes. He then jokingly says "Time to go strike out Lightning Lad".

Golly... those Legionnaires do get around, don't they? [Wink]

-

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.